Cabela's tournament ZX spinning reel

• Johnie Birkel
    South metro

Anyone use these or have a review? It appears they are made by Diawa and I am wondering which reel they are rebrand of (if they are). The weekly ad has them for 49, and the Diawa Fuego for 69. Interestingly the website says sold out on these. Thanks

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180509_153825772.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Spoke with some guys at Cabela’s and then at Joe’s and both said daiwa are now solid reels. I went with a tatula so decided to give the brand a try. Time will tell.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I have always been a Shimano/Daiwa guy for reels. I have recently been switching to full Daiwa. Don’t think Shimano quality has gone down, I just feel that Daiwa reels have gotten much smoother feeling than Shimano and the T wing system was a game changer for Daiwa. It really is as awesome as they say it is.

PS: I have a Fuego and for the $$ it is a fantastic baitcaster. Especially when it goes on sale for $70.

Trent W
    Chatfield, MN

I have 3 Cabelas Tournament ZX spinning reels and have been happy with them. I think I have purchased them all when on sale and think they are a solid choice at $50.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

Any idea if this is a straight copy of one of the Daiwa reels just rebranded/ different spool on it? I run their Sealines and have been very happy. I was really seeing if I could get a Daiwa reel for a few bucks less and the Cabela’s warranty.

CBMN
    North Metro

They are manufactured by Daiwa, if you look in your photo you see a small daiwa logo right on both the spinning reel and the casting reel. Likely made to Cabelas price point/spec by daiwa.

Daniel Wagner
    Northern Utah

Hello! This is my first post here. Great forum. I’ve lurked around long enough and decided I should try to contribute in some small way lol.

Anyway, I have this reel (2000 size), and it’s an outstanding reel! I’ve put a lot of miles on it already, and I love it. I’ll get more. I usually prefer Pflueger or Daiwa reels, and since this is a Daiwa, I decided to give it a shot. It looks like a mix of RG-AB and Fuego parts, with what was probably some extra Tatula parts thrown in for good measure. It feels a lot lighter than my Revros and RG-AB reels in the same size. I’ve played with the Fuego and Tatulas, but for now they’re just beyond my reach as far as toy money goes ????.

But that’s it. Just wanted to put in my $.02 on that. Now I’m off to fill in my profile info!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Great info Daniel!

Welcome toast

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.