Cabela's..The Last Straw

• Dan
    Southeast MN

I swear to Zeus, some of y’all must be looking for an excuse to argue about ANYTHING. The harder you try to make your point the sillier you look.

I know right? And I swear this site is getting worse and worse in regards to the bickering and mainly judging others.

I’m going to start a thread about how I love Christmas and watch the hate roll in.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

A friend of mine recently shut his brand-new TaylorMade driver in the door of his car, denting the head of the golf club.
    His response? “My fault for doing that, I think I’m out 450 bucks.”
    TaylorMade’s response? “We’ll replace it for 30 bucks.”

He understands that they have no reason to replace the club and so he didn’t expect it. TaylorMade understands that they’re giving him something that’ll mean years of future purchases and the good impression on everyone he tells.

Stop expecting things you don’t deserve and treat others better than they deserve!

Matt Stegmeir

Lots of manufacturers have a accidental breakage cover. And they give you a new
    [quote=1872955]Lots of manufacturers have a accidental breakage cover. And they give you a new rod for half off or what ever there deal is. I’ve used that before. It was written in the warranty that way

yup – basically insurance described as a “warranty”. If it’s clearly marketed as such then it should be used and honored. If it was unofficially honored as such but marketed as a basic lifetime warranty, then I personally wouldn’t take in something I broke through my own fault.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I swear to Zeus, some of y’all must be looking for an excuse to argue about ANYTHING.

You leave Zeus out of this you pagan!!! I will not have anyone disrespect Greek gods on this site!

May Zeus smite thee into hades!

jon_wbl

Broke a lightly used St Croix setting the hook on a fish. Called to check and it was still under warranty which it was. While talking with the customer service woman I said it’s only the second rod I’ve ever broken and the first was my fault. She asked it it was also a St Croix and if I still had it. I did. Long story short ship it back with my warranty rod and they will replace it for $55

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I wonder how many manufacturers with warranties would replace your rod at a reduced if you called and admitted it was your error? I bet many of them would, it’s worth a shot.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tangler wrote:</div>
    I swear to Zeus, some of y’all must be looking for an excuse to argue about ANYTHING. The harder you try to make your point the sillier you look.

I know right? And I swear this site is getting worse and worse in regards to the bickering and mainly judging others.

X2

Gets me to thinking, hmmm how many of those rods high end $$$ rods have they sold
    vs how many people use the warranty?
    There seems to be a large profit margin built in to final cost of the product.
    Makes me believe they have the financial wherewithal to replace my rod if I personally damage it.
    After all that was part of their marketing strategy.

Have a warranty product- Use the manufacturers warranty
    Drown out the noise from others

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.