Cabelas Shipping

• supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Has anyone else noticed extremely long shipping times from cabelas in the last year? It used to take 2-4 days to receive an item now it has taken as long as 2 weeks. I have also placed orders from other suppliers and they seem to be shipping much quicker. The last item I ordered was 6/11 and it hasn’t even shipped yet. Even with there 2 day shipping it ends up to be a week.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I just ordered from Bass Pro with the 2 day shipping… 22 different items. Ordered Monday. So far 6 of the 22 items have shipped. The only compliment I can give is they email you updates every time they ship something out. It is frustrating however, I only ordered from them to save me a trip about an hour out of my way for the weekend trip. Had I known I would not get it all, I would have made the drive.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Yes. I expected it to be delivered in 2 days. It was 4. Maybe it leaves them in 2 days and they use the slowest shipping. I just ordered something yesterday and have yet to get tracking info.
    I ordered some boat bumpers earlier this year from an east coat marine company. With their regular shipping it left Florida on a Friday and was delivered to Minnetonka, MN on Monday!! Gotta love that!!

Sharon
    SE Metro

I just placed a Cabelas order via their website at the end of May and got my order within a few days. Did you check to make sure your items were in stock when you placed the order? That could delay shipping.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Yes, mine is coming fedex… I also ordered from cabelas about a month ago… 2 day shipping turned into 5 day, but I chalked that up to Corona. On the flip side, I got a map card off ebay, from California. I paid for it at 10 PM on a monday night and had it in my mail Wednesday.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I ordered several items in mid May. The estimated ship date was about 10 days away. So when that date came, I received a notification that my shipment “has been delayed.” It was pushed out another week. Well then the next date came, and I received yet another notification of shipment delay. So I called them and waited on hold for 20 minutes for an answer. The person on the phone looked up my order number and stated that my items were in stock; however, because of the lack of manpower in their DC/warehouse, they literally don’t have enough people to physically go out and fill/ship them in a timely manner at this time. So I had them cancel the order (which wasn’t charged yet) and I ordered it from Scheels instead. The same items came in 4 business days from them.

Fish To Escape

Ordered 6-7 items last week. They said 2 day shipping, came in 3. I have never had problems with Cabela’s other than a package that got stolen (not their fault obviously), they replaced it within a couple days

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve heard a lot of big retailers struggling to fill orders. With so much being made in China there are many manufacturers struggling to get product made. Tackle Warehouse is saying their orders will take 2-4 weeks right now.

basseyes

I’ve heard a lot of big retailers struggling to fill orders. With so much being made in China there are many manufacturers struggling to get product made. Tackle Warehouse is saying their orders will take 2-4 weeks right now.

^
    ^
    ^
    This.

All of us have come to expect quick order filling and quick out the door, to your door shipping. Been waiting on multiple parts orders for odd ball stuff and 3 weeks isn’t uncommon, or even 4 weeks. Not the new normal I want, remember that when you vote in November. Yep, even a shipping thread can turn political.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Increased demand, stalled manufacturing, and supply chain slowdowns.

Prior to Covid, I’ve never had any problems with Cabela’s shipping speed. They may cancel your order and issue a refund, as I mentioned in the other Shimano post, or they may ship you 10 lures in 8 separate packages, but they’ll ship promptly at least.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Well half the order I placed on Tuesday is supposed to arrive on Friday. Haven’t got a shipping notification on the other half.

mrpike1973

Sometimes it’s quick the next time it took me 2 weeks for a instock item.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Thanks for the response’s seems what I have been reading seems the norm. I did receive my package yesterday 8 days later. Ordered a similar item from scheels on the same day and received it 5 days sooner. It seems to have changed since the merger with bass pro. I’m sure they are trying to cut cost anyway they can.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

2nd half of my Tuesday order is supposed to arrive tomorrow, so not terrible.

Rich Stuhr
    South Dakota

I placed a big order back in early May and still haven’t received several items…what has shipped from that order came in multiple deliveries. I was at Scheels last week and got what I needed so when the rest comes I’ll return at Bass Pro for a refund, only 25 miles away…it was low on fishing gear too the last time I went in there 3 weeks ago.

sinned

I just placed on order on some in-stock items June 30th 2022 and still haven’t received tracking info. I was going to order these items from another retailer but chose Cabelas….huge mistake its been 21 days and not a peep unless I call Cabela’s customer service and these asshats clearly do not give a rats a$$. The canned answer is it’s being processed. It has been processing for 2 weeks now. I’m done with Cabela’s as they’ve gone to poop since BassPro took them over!! P&D Enterpirises for me moving forward.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Welcome to IDO most of us gave up on Cabelas a long time ago. The shipping thing is a joke now. Still shop in person sometimes because they are still better than most in the north metro.

Erik Swenson

No situation dire enough to warrant ever shopping there or BPS again. Except maybe to buy stuff up at a future going out of business sale…probably not even then though. smash

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

I must be lucky… I placed an order and had all my stuff delivered in the 2 days shipping as advertised. Items came from multiple stores throughout the country. I usually do not care to shop at cabelas either, but they were the only ones that had the things in stock.
    I’m impressed with Tacklewarehouse too. Placed an order right away Monday morning and the UPS guy dropped it off on my steps at 10 this morning.

mrpike1973

Tackle Warehouse is awesome my new Cabelas’s

stevenoak

I’ve come to the point I only mail order if I can’t find it locally brick and mortar. Besides the fact brick and mortar businesses are dropping like flies in my area. I don’t find the savings to be worth finding an empty building next time I want something.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Tackle Warehouse is awesome my new Cabelas’s

Tackle Warehouse is worse shipping than anyone I have used. When I place an order with them (in stock items), I get a confirmation of that order and then they tell me it will be shipped in a week. A week?! Why not tomorrow?

I’ve experienced this delay in shipping for years with them. Pre covid, covid, present day. Its the same every time. I don’t quite understand why they can’t ship my stuff the same day or the next business day if all the items are in stock.

The only positive about them is their selection. But now that all the shelves in retail stores are full again, its a moot point. Omnia Fishing in Golden Valley is worth looking into if you are looking for a local company that has a good selection.

Something else to consider, they recently had a massive data breach of personal customer information. If you ordered from them and used a credit card, beware.

mrpike1973

Thanks for the heads up. WOW never knew that before data breach. Only ordered a few few times no issues. Wish Little Jim’s was open.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.