Cabelas/Bass Pro Shop

• loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

Saw my ‘first’ combined commercial for the two on the television last evening. That was weird seeing two ‘competitors ‘ advertising in the same ad.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I’ve been very disappointed with the merchandise at Cabela’s since the merger. Cabela’s was my go-to but it seems they’ve gotten away with a lot of the items…which I thought I read they were going to keep.

huskerdu

I don’t have a Sheels near me, Cabela’s is the best big box in the area , I do use the small private stores in the north metro for fishing goodies.

blank

Since the merger I’ve noticed prices at BPS seemed to have increased while Cabelas hasn’t changed or has had some good deals. Also, BPS’s website sucks.

FryDog62

I went to Cabelas a couple weeks ago and was able to return/ship a BPS item for refund. Then a week ago I was able to use a Cabelas gift card to buy an item at Bass Pro. This was great!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was there yesterday to buy a TH Marine Troll Tamer and of course they didn’t have it. Nowhere in the midwest had it. Their inventory issues get pretty old. They also were going to charge me shipping to have it shipped to the store. That kind of pissed me off. I’ve found myself going through Tackle Warehouse a lot more lately. I am a bass guy and Cabelas are clearly not geared toward that species so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

troutbum
    St. Paul

*cough* Amazon *cough*

I always find myself calling ahead of time when I shop Cabelas. Woodbury’s mini store is mystifying. What they keep on their shelves is weird.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I was there yesterday to buy a TH Marine Troll Tamer and of course they didn’t have it.

If I need to see something in person before buying, I almost always check online anymore to make sure a store has it in stock before taking a drive to get something.

Cabela’s has this and you can select any store you want as your “home” store, and check at other stores too. Home Depot is especially good at this, they’ll even tell you what aisle and bin number the item is in; saves a lot of time wandering around the store staring at shelves!

Attachments:
    1. cabelas.png

toothyfish

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    I was there yesterday to buy a TH Marine Troll Tamer and of course they didn’t have it.

If I need to see something in person before buying, I almost always check online anymore to make sure a store has it in stock before taking a drive to get something.

Cabela’s has this and you can select any store you want as your “home” store, and check at other stores too. Home Depot is especially good at this, they’ll even tell you what aisle and bin number the item is in; saves a lot of time wandering around the store staring at shelves!

The website’s accuracy is pretty questionable. I’ve had several times where it says something is available and I drive to the store only to find that it is not actually available. The other day I went for a baitfeeder reel and the employee refused to even acknowledge that the size reel their website said was available at the store even existed despite me showing him that it did on my phone. The website also listed another baitfeeder as being available that they either couldn’t find or wasn’t actually there.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Michael C. Winther wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

The website’s accuracy is pretty questionable. I’ve had several times where it says something is available and I drive to the store only to find that it is not actually available. The other day I went for a baitfeeder reel and the employee refused to even acknowledge that the size reel their website said was available at the store even existed despite me showing him that it did on my phone. The website also listed another baitfeeder as being available that they either couldn’t find or wasn’t actually there.

Exactly. I’ve had multiple occasions on both sides where something was out of stock online but was actually at the store and the other way around. As troutbum said earlier the Woodbury shops stocking strategies are very strange. I’m basically to the point where I just go to the Rogers store if I need anything because they typically have most things. But the Troll tamer however, not so lucky.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve found the online on store availability to be inaccurate too, so much that I don’t bother checking it. With today’s technology it’s should be very accurate, but it’s not. I don’t know why they do it.

It may be more accurate for big items where they stock less, but lure inventory I don’t trust.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.