Bullseye Load guides ?

• Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Anyone running these load guides ? They are pricey , but i cannot find anything that comes close to how these work . They precisely force the boat to come in straight especially on rollers which i have .

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Yep. I have a bunk trailer that was always a problem loading straight. you still need the boat backed in the right depth but it will load straight. My trailer started out as a roller and switched it over to bunks. I was considering trading trailers which was going to be pretty spendy. Talked to Chuck and he was very helpful and convinced me the Bullseyes would work.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin
    Mr. Pike 81 wrote:

Yep. I have a bunk trailer that was always a problem loading straight. you still need the boat backed in the right depth but it will load straight. My trailer started out as a roller and switched it over to bunks. I was considering trading trailers which was going to be pretty spendy. Talked to Chuck and he was very helpful and convinced me the Bullseyes would work.

Thanks 81 . I’m thinking i would get 2 for the back for starters . When i picked it up did not know it was 2 to 3 inches off in the back . After the few videos of the Bullseyes in use it appears they truly will make loading straight consistently a regular thing . 81 are running 2 or 4 ?

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

I went with 4. If it is just the back end that bothers I think you could get by with 2. With 4 it just goes where it is supposed to every time.

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

I went with 4. If it is just the back end that bothers I think you could get by with 2. With 4 it just goes where it is supposed to every time.

10klakes

Have you tried the self centering rollers? I’ve seen posts on walleye central of success with them.

I guess I shouldn’t take my roller trailer for granted, once I figured out the right depth I’m centered every time.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Have you tried the self centering rollers? I’ve seen posts on walleye central of success with them.

I guess I shouldn’t take my roller trailer for granted, once I figured out the right depth I’m centered every time.

I have not but that cork screw type roller had a lot of great reviews . My Shorelander has these black plastic looking pads in the cradle of the trailer no rollers at all .

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Dealer shop guys tested boat prior to me picking it up . So they loaded it a couple inches off . As soon as we get a decent day i will reload it and see what happens . Be sweet if i get it to load square to trailer .

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

That plastic shield must be durable and slick ? It contacts your splash rail right ? Have you noticed any wear on the edge of the rail ? Sweet how they rotate away from gunnel for travel . Have you ever had pressure on them them where you had a hard time turning them to travel mode ? Thanks 81

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Have not noticed any paint wear on splash rail. Have had them up close when loaded but will turn. Mostly not an issue. You can always readjust them if it keeps happening.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Have not noticed any paint wear on splash rail. Have had them up close when loaded but will turn. Mostly not an issue. You can always readjust them if it keeps happening.

Thanks much 81 . I called dealer today he thinks i need to refloat it , he said they come up straight most of the time ? We shall see . I will try it weather permitting . What you told me is exactly what i needed to hear . Appreciate it 81

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.