Buddy Heater question

• JAnderson

All set up for using my 20lb tank with a buddy heater. My question is whether or not I need to unhook the heater, hose, and tank….or am I able to just leave it connected in my sled and then put the tank outside when using it.

Any input?

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I unhook the heater and leave the hose connected to the tank, I also haul my in a milk crate to prevent it from tipping over

munchy
    NULL

No need to disconnect it if you don’t have to.

The biggest issue with disconnecting every time is needing to purge the air out of the line which can sometimes take a minute or so.

JAnderson

The biggest issue with disconnecting every time is needing to purge the air out of the line which can sometimes take a minute or so.

Thanks. If I do disconnect, how do I purge the air? Thanks.

foulpole18
    North Branch, MN

I have a quick connect on my hose and I just push the button in the middle
    Of The Quick connect coupler til I get gas out of it

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Munchy wrote:</div>

Thanks. If I do disconnect, how do I purge the air? Thanks.

If you don’t have quick connects you will have to hold the pilot light knob down until you can get it to light.

David Blais

I’d suggest using a fuel filter at the buddy heater. There fairly cheap and will help extend the life of you heater. Especially when running it off a 20lb. The house breaks down and clogs the heater.

CaptainMusky

You don’t need a filter if you use the quick connect hose. Its a low pressure hose. The filter is only required when you have the other hose.

JAnderson

I’d suggest using a fuel filter at the buddy heater. There fairly cheap and will help extend the life of you heater. Especially when running it off a 20lb. The house breaks down and clogs the heater.

Yes. I have everything I need. Just didn’t know if I could leave it connected while transporting!

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.