Walleye information

• john_h
    Hastings, MN

I am looking for any information on walleye fishing in that anyone may have for southern MO or northern AR. Guides, resorts, techniques, etc. I am thinking about a trip to a “warmer” walleye spot, around March 19 or so.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

John, It might be one hack of a time to chase some crappies down there as well. They can grow some biggens.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

I believe the world record eye came from Bull Shoals.(Please correct me if I’m wrong) Haven’t read much about it lately but I know it use to produce monsters!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

John.. when I went to Missouri last year in March I had a really difficulttime finding fishing reports, even when I was there. I think southern folks are afraid of the cold

I just researched all I coul find overseveral years for info in the off months and winged it. The crappies were biting when I was down there, only 1 boat I seen all weekend chasing them. I didnt see anyone chasing walleyes. That was on Truman, but I am inclined to believe nobody was fishing anywhere.

john_h
    Hastings, MN

Jeff,
    You are thinking of Greer’s Ferry in Arkansas. The record walleye is now 22 lbs 11 oz (1982) if I remember right. The old Kentucky record of 25 lbs has been disallowed. (Except in Kentucky!!)

See this site. http://www.greersferrylake.org/news_walleye.htm

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

John H, I have a friend that is heading down there in a few weeks. I should have a good report for you when he gets back. I loaned him my map and he said he’d mark it with any areas that are productive. Mid March the fishing is good just below the Tanneycomo dam to the K dock. I was down there 3 years ago in early April and had a great time and caught a fair number of eyes. I’ll get the name of a resort for you. My friend that is heading down there, his mom owns a resort on lake Tanneycomo and it’s only 15 minutes to the ramp on Bull Shoals.

john_h
    Hastings, MN

Thank you Ben. I am not getting to much information as you can see. Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

My pal and I are talking about going about March 21… I’m wondering if that is good timing.

saguarokid
    Waterloo, Ia

Probably not much help but I spent a night in the town of Bull Shoals on my way down to Tx. last Dec. Had a few beers in the VFW and happened to sit next to a guide that had lived there all his life (He’s probably 58?). Heck of a nice guy, his name was Pat but went by the nick name of Smoothie. He lined it up with the Commander so we could park the RV in the VFW parking lot. Might be able to get a hold of him through the VFW, everyone knew him? Great people around there.

Bull Shoals VFW……(870) 445-4501

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors John!!!

I replied to your PM

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

When fishing in this area, I go to OzarkAnglers.com. This is a great fishing forum to get info on lakes in that area.

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

test for something dumb

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.