Breaking News!!

• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I think the DNR could have split the baby on live bait better than just saying its now OK for everyone. Should have made live bait OK for anyone 16 years old or younger, over 70, and those legally disabled. Also for those fishing out of a launch with that planned exemption. Hopefully the catch and release regulation will be enough to keep us under our quota. I fear it won’t be.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

@stevefellegy Did you see that you made the Kare 11 story last night?

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

@stevefellegy Did you see that you made the Kare 11 story last night?

That was a 1989-’90 video!! LOL

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I would bet many people will continue to think no live bait is allowed on mille lacs all year. I bet I heard from two dozen people who don’t fish much that there was a ban put in place. I haven’t heard a peep about that being retracted.

Kind of like throwing back carp… I bet over half the fishing population still think they need to be left on shore.

Seems very dumb to implement a ban and retract before implemented…
    Oh wait. This is just the DNR sticker all over again.

CaptainMusky

Seems very dumb to implement a ban and retract before implemented…
    Oh wait. This is just the DNR sticker all over again.

Now there’s an idea. How about a sticker for Lake Mille Lacs walleye fisherman showing them how to safely hook fish without gut hooking them and telling them about the dangers of yanking them from 30′ of water when the surface temps are 80 degrees? LOL

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Don’t give them any ideas. We may need to pass a test to fish the lake!

-J.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Maybe the DNR is smarter than you think. They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. The keep no fish rule would have everybody up in arms. Demanding a change. How it would put many out of business. They knew this would blow up. They planned to reverse it. The perfect deflection. Now everybody is accepting. If the season has to close they can go back to the pressure to overturn the live bait ban. Told you so. moon

Gizmo

Exactly, Now everyone feels good because of their strategy. Take a couple things away then give them back something that makes them forget about the bigger issue!

So I would love to see Launches voluntarily make circle hooks mandatory on their launches for bobber fishing.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Perhaps most of you don’t realize how dire of a situation it is for a majority of the businesses on Mille Lacs right now… The no live-bait may not mean much to your fishthumper, but it would have been the nail in the coffin for many businesses up there. Sadly even having this in place for two weeks already had an impact to a business that I used as Rod’s Bait in Isle closed it’s doors 2 weeks ago when the original regulations were announced.

Will

Will, I could be wrong but in talking with some “reliable locals” from the area, they said that Rod’s closed because the property had been sold and the lease was not renewed by the new owner(s). Maybe just coincidence that it was when the live bait ban was released. New owners are said to be the Mille Lacs Band. Hope I’m not spreading false rumors but that’s what I was told.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I heard that also.. they bought the whole complex there including the restaurant and bar.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.