Gull opener

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Spent another opener on Gull saturday. There were plenty of boats on the water, but the walleyes didn’t seem like they really wanted to cooperate. We ended up with 4 as well a some bonus perch and pike. We lindy rigged shiners on outside weedlines from 12-17′. The fish were there, it was just tough to make em bite. From the sounds of it 2 walleyes per person was pretty good.

The crappies weren’t up in there normal shallow haunts on friday, but i did notice more boats checking the shallows as we left sunday morning. I’m sure with the warm temps ad calm winds those fish started to pull up.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Thanks for the update Mike
    Sorry I we didn’t get to fish on Friday like we planned.

I am heading up after Jonathan’s baseball game tonight, rumors are that the sumo slabs started biting on a few other lakes in the area.
    This weather should be all it takes for a little time.

Ron

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Quote:

rumors are that the sumo slabs started biting on a few other lakes in the area.

You got that right. We had some great crappie action going Saturday evening and Sunday morning on a small lake north of gull. 4-6 fow with a flu-flu/minnow under a bobber. There were plenty of 10″-12″ to go around.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.