pelican walleyes

• blacklab

i just got back from a week vacation with my family and we fished the lake hard. but the only problem is we couldnt find those walleyes we got a couple keepers but everything else was way to small. if you fish this lake alot what time of day do you catch them and what are you using.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

The family was up to Pelican for a week in July. We have always had our best luck after dusk. We have caught walleyes in the shallows around Gooseberry Island and also around some mid lake humps. We have always used leeches or redtails on the large mites and on lindy rigs. Fish slow and if you are catching a lot of sunfish you are bound to get a walleye too. We have very rarely caught a walleye between the hours of 9:00am – 6:00 pm. This is the time to focus in on the 25ft and deeper water. This all depends very much on the weather, cloud cover, wind….ect also. We did have a big storm role in one day around 11:00 and the fishing was just insane. We have been going up since 1988 and I still find it a very humbling lake. And we do try new “tricks” every year.

Good Luck,

FDR

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Try the 35 to 50 ft range U will be suprized

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.