What lakes are part of the Whitefish chain

• Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I was wondering what lakes are conected, I’ve got relatives heading up there in August & staying on Cross lake. So which ones are connected to cross & can a guy bring his boat to the different lakes. Also are there any resorts on Cross or connecting lakes?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Mark, there is more water than you will know what to do with in a week. If you know what there targeting shoot me a pm and I’ll see if we can get some direction going. I’m not going to be your most up to date resource but I know a few things about the chain. Check in at Sportland on the way up. They always seem to know whats going on..

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

What will their target species be? I’ve fished the Whitefish Chain for years and every lake I’ve fished seems to be better for a specific type of fish. I know for crappies that Cross Lake is hard to beat especially right down above the dam. I’ve done well on walleyes in Cross, upper and lower Whitefish. Rush Lake is a good bass and panfish lake and you can catch hammerhandle northerns all day on any of the lakes. I’ve got a really good map of the chain but I can’t seem to get it under 100,000 bytes.

Eyehunter

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Guys thanks for the quick reponses, Big G the map was exactly what I was looking for. I don’t know what they wold like to target yet, but I like eyes & the kids really enjoy panfishing.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Looks like I’m heading up there tonight, maybe in the morning, see how tired I am after work…

I KNOW for me, if I take people out fishing, Nothern Pike are insane, mostly small hammer handles, a white spinner bait over the weed tops when the sun starts going down for the evening is unreal.

Sunfish and more rock bass than you can shake a stick at can be had casting tube jigs or bobber fishing.

Hmmmm big trout like, I don’t think I could resist if I had some downriggers, might be something to play around with.

Never got into the eyes up there…

I ususally stop in at sportland bait too, even though we are on crosslake, I usually go through Nissawa.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.