Opener Question

• whiskeyandwater
    ????

Hey guys. I know it’s not exactly part of the Brainered area, but as far as the forums go it’s the closest I can figure. I’m heading up to Alexander in Morrison county for opener for the 1st time. With out giving away any secrets,unless you want to, anyone have any tips for opener on the lake?

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I have never fished the lake for walleyes, but I have been out there chasing musky quite a bit. The lake is very clear and there is great cabbage all over, most of it runs really deep too, at times showing up in 18′ of water. I would definitely not ignore the weeds, think deep edge with a leech, cralwer, or shiner. Use your electronics to find the schools of baitfish off the edges and then tempt the walleyes with your offering. If you are going out at night don’t forget to try on top of the weedbeds with Husky Jerks or Rogues.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Dan Just thought you would want to know over opener couldn’t get a Walleye or Pike to save my life, or crapiie for that matter . How ever if it were a bass I couldn’t keep it off the line, small, large, rock. they loved what ever we threw out there. Anyways to the point of the Message. Saw pleanty of Muskie over the weekend. some of the highlights were Nice Silver right in shore maybe 4 ‘ of water. appox 35+” then I saw what would be pushing 50″ if not more breach while being followed by about a 35″ male may want to get up there this year if you have a chance. I think I may start chasing the big guys next year once I get a little better feel of the lake.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.