opener

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Anyone else planning to be on Gull for the opener? I know I will be. Looking forward to getting back up to Lost Lake Lodge. Plan to fish the north end. It worked good last year!

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

I will look forward to reading your report.
    Years ago we began skipping the opener and going for a four day weekend the following week.
    The obvious benefits are that the weather, inevitably, is better second weekend and we have an opportunity to hear some stories about the bite!
    Good luck Mike, I will be on Gull May 17-20.
    cheers

sportland

Hi Mike, We’re looking forward to seeing you guys again. I know last year you guys whacked them on Gull. This year shouldn’t be any different, Gull is primed for another big opener. Just a ton of hungry walleyes in Gull. Now that the lakes are open the crappies are biting. The crappie bite should continue into May as well. A nice back up plan. See you in a few weeks. The walleyes will be gobbling up shiners again.

Jason Erlandson
    [email protected]

Dave’s Sportland Bait and Tackle
    Nisswa Guide Service
    http://www.sportlandbait.com
    Nisswa MN
    218-963-2401

fireman1217
    Eagan, MN

Hey Jason…you’ll be seeing us as well. Not that you’ll know who we are, but we’ve been in several times. I’m assuming the launch on Round is way too shallow? I have a, new for me, 2004 Skeeter 2050 that I’m dying to get out in. Gull will be the place….it has been nothing but great for us the last couple of years. We’ll see you up there!!!

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

I will be there as well. I missed last year but was there the year before. It was a tough bite to say the least. wind, cold, and snow.

I could use a little info if you guys would be willing to share. techniques/baits. spottails or redtails, maybe leeches? Lindy/jig???? Cranken at night?

thanks in advance

see ya out there. I will be fishing the north end as well

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Go to bait is usually a lindy rigged shiner for me during the day. I like trolling emergent weeds at night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.