Need Brainerd Area Fishing & Resort Advise June 07

• Walleye Johnson

We are planning a fishing vacation to the Brainard area -first or second week of June 2007. Does anyone have any advise on a good lake for fishing? -(walleye, northern, panfish) and/or possibly a good resort that isn’t too expensive? We usually have a group of about 8 -10 guys and havn’t been to the Brainerd area in several years?

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Ruttger’s is nice, but I would find a smaller (not Grand View, Madden’s or Cragun’s) family owned resort on Gull Lake.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Breezy Point on Pelican Lake is nice for Bass and Walleye. Many little snakes though. I would check out the White Fish Chain as well for great fishing.

JonathanTegeler
    Manchester, Iowa

me and my family go up to Brainerd each year, we have had luck on alot of lakes up there. My favorite by far ahs to be “mission lakes” both upper and lower, we have had more luck for bass on upper and lots of nice crappie on both, we also fish hubert and Whipple and have good luck. for northern and many others.
    Jonathan

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Breezy point great fishing- great golf -great nite life

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

Talk to Jon down on Nokay lake,he has a small, quiet opperation on a decent lake.Very affordable!You will be close to Mille lacs ,South long and many other good lakes if Nokay doesnt pan out.I have a group of friends who stay there every year and they keep coming back.

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Sullivans resort on north Long Lake is very nice. they have cabins. Also camping with fullhookups. Indoor pool/Hottub, gameroom with bigscreen Tv. they have a boat ramp but it is in shallow water, so if you have a heavy boat its best to go to the public ramp on the north end of the lake to put in. plus there docks are only 3 years old this summer. They have a web site Sullivansresort.com

Walleye Johnson

Guys – thanks for the advise thus far….I’m checking out every suggestion anyone posts! Any other suggestions let me know – Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.