brainerd area lakes

• livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

Me and some buddies are making a trip up to the brainerd area and are going to be staying on pelican. How is the ice on pelican and gull? What are some general areas that would be worth trying on those two lakes, were looking for pretty much anything- walleyes, panfish, pike. Arent bringin sleds or atv so we will have to walk out but we have our flashers and gear ready, just need to hook into a few fish! Ice down here in southern Mn is CRAP! Any information is appreciated

Thanks

jhalfen

Don’t know when you’re heading up….I’ll be up there next weekend hunting gators. Will have an update then, but that may be after you leave for your trip.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Good ice on Pelican some are driving not me 4-wheeler here. Try the Rifle Sight area for eyes This should keep u busy. If you go through Crosby Jessie at the bait shop can help you out also

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

[email protected]
    This is Jason’s email at Dave’s Sportland in Nisswa.
    Shoot him an email and he will take care of you.
    Don’t forget where to buy your bait then too
    Good luck
    cheers

sportland

Here guys. Here is the latest fishing report. You guys have it even before it hits our web site.

Fishing Report 01-09-07

The fishing continues to be pretty good for walleyes and crappies. We are moving into a cold front period so it hard to say what will happen now. I know that we are making ice and we need it. Most lakes have 10-14 inches right now. Hopefully we will get enough for the big Brainerd Ice Fishing Extravaganza on January 20. If we get the 16 inches required we will be ready to rock here at the bait shop. It is always an exciting day. Lots of anglers will be winning big. As for the fishing we are seeing some big walleyes showing up during the overnight bite on Gull. Big Golden Shiners are starting to produce on set lines. Gull Lake and Pelican Lake are the best bets lately. Anglers are finding the walleyes in 20-30 feet of water. Crappie fishermen are enjoying the evening bite on many of our smaller lakes. Roy, Margaret, Upper Gull, Gladstone, and Love Lake have been good locations for slab crappies. Small glow jigs tipped with a maggot, small crappie minnow or a wax worm is catching crappies from 4:00-7:00 pm. Pike are hitting sucker minnows along the weedlines on Gull and Lake Edwards. Good Luck this week and stay warm!

Jason Erlandson

jasono00
    cities

Im heading to the area this weekend will be in Jenkins. Woundering if anyone has fished any lakes in that area and what is working to get the to bite if anyone knows anything please post it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.