Ice Conditions

• skip_per
    Minnesota

Well my good Friend Mike, pulled our houses off from Pelican.
    The ice is going south. Unfortunately it is deteriorating pretty quickly. NO longer as safe as it was.
    Be careful out there.

Peace
    Skipper

skip_per
    Minnesota

Well just an update for the area

I went for a ride yesterday to look at the lakes………..
    Went up 371

North long – there were a few people on the bay, saw 1 4 wheeler out there. There was open water and to me it seemed kinda of crazy to be out there. The lakes do not appear to be real safe.

Round – Again a few people out fishing. I saw several houses on the far side by the rocky point area. All looked good. There was again open water out there in the middle in 2 different spots. Looks spooky to me.

Gull – Alot of open water and busted up ice on the bay there by 371. Again saw a few houses but not many.

Then I went over to Pelican and had a bad time.
    Went in on the south shore and followed the shore line to the east and went around to Stevens point to check on my house that was on the shore. All looked good. Then on the way back I went through the ice right on the shore line in 6 inches of water. It pulled me into a small ice heave that was right on the shore line and I got hung up on the ice. I called some freinds, Barry and Brent, they came out and got stuck too. So then another Friend Mike came, he pulled them out, and then we were able to get me out. All in all 2 hours of fun in the sun.Ha Ha. We then went back to the south shore and assisted a 4 wheeler and trailer out of 15 feet of water, as it went through an open water peice about 50 yards from shore. Quite and afternoon.

Be Careful out there, the ice is treacherous right now.

ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

So I probably won’t be able to take my 4wheeler out on Gull this weekend in search of some eyes??
    Any reports of ice on the west end of the lake?

skip_per
    Minnesota

From what I hear it is all good on the west side.
    Just watch out for the pressure ridges.

Also check with S&W for details.
    They usually know what is what over there.

Peace

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.