North of Brainerd-info??

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Am heading up north of Brainerd with the family for the week. starting tomorrow ( 8/20 ).
    Does anyone have any knowledge of lakes that would be good to try and get a few picture fish (Largemouth) for my son, and step-daughter????
    thanks
    Jack..

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Lake Edward. Excellent Bass lake. Not to mention walleye and big bluegills.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

thanks Derek and the 4 guys who sent me PM’s. got here yesterday, and the computer has to be off here in rec center in 5 minutes.
    will hit a bass lake in am, not sure which one yet.
    Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Went to Edwards lake on Tuesday.
    only had time to fish for 3 hours.
    was able to catch 8 Largemouth, nothing huge, but decent fish. biggest was probably 16 inches.
    Used a few different techniques.
    tried spinnerbaits, swimjigs, rubber frogs, and weightless Senkos.
    think my best bait was the Swimjig, from Brovarney Baits.
    I fished it around reeds and bullrushes, and also over midlake humps that dropped off on 3 sides. over the humps, I let it drop for a few seconds, then slowly cranked them in. the fish would wack it pretty good. they also came thru the reeds quite easily and cleanly, so fish would at times hit it after I pulled it out of a clump.No pics are available.
    All the lakes in the area are down about 16 inches.
    might get down to north long for some pad froggin in the morning with my son and stepdaughter.
    A couple of guys the last two days, have had good success with the Walleyes on Gull, using Red-tails. do not know how deep, or time of day they were fishing.
    Had some strong storms last night, and a few might be expected tonight later.
    hope, more soon.
    Jack..

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Any resorts on lake edward?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Dreamin,
    I used the public ramp on the west side, the water was way down, but I could still launch my Explorer off my bunk trailer.
    I do think there is a resort, I’ll do some digging around and see if I can find it.
    Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Dreamin,
    I looked the the DNR lake survey for Edward, and they mention 6 resorts on the lake.
    Your best bet would be to call the Brainerd area Chamber of Commerce, and they prob can tell you about all of the resorts there.
    good luck..
    Jack..

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Thanks Jack, I’ll give it a try.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.