Bass fishing

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I will be out on the water around 9-10 tomorrow am (traffic depending), chasing the greatest fish around, largies. I will hopefully have a good report to put out and some pictures. i been waiting for this day for a while long time

anyone else getting out there?

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

where you guys going to be heading?
    I will probably start around Wilson’s bay and work some of my normal srping spots there.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I will start out in the grassy point channels and then who knows.

Ron

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

My brothers and I got out on Saturday about 11 and hit Wilson’s bay. We found a good amount of fish all over the place but not too many good size fish. We keyed on shallow flats with deep water close by and through the gamete at the fish. (small cranks, plastics, spinner baits, traps, and jigs) We caught fish on all of these baits but by far the best bait was the red craw rattle traps in ¼ oz. size. The key for us this day was to cover as much water as possible and through to any cabbage that was starting to emerge. We would then pump the bait as brought it and the fish would just hammer it.

With the wind that we had this day, seeing in the shallow was tough to do. We actually didn’t see any fish shallow.

All in all the numbers of fish was good, between our two boats caught ~120 bass (biggest about 2 lbs), ~20 northerns (biggest 4 lbs.), ~10 rockies, and one 24” walleye (caught on a rattle trap). I was surprise the fishing wasn’t better for size but with the numbers and the wind, I think we did pretty good. I was also surprise on the water temp on the lake, ~64 every where and 68 in the shallow bays. We didn’t see any beds but i would have to imagine the fish are up spawning or are close to being done, but that confused me too out there (for size and not seeing them ).

I am plannig on getting some pictures on here soon too.

On another topic, Watchin people launch their boat was frustrating, confusing, and funny.

Frustrating= people in the back up position, waiting for there boat to show up at the ramp and taking up the whole area so no one else cane back up.

Confusing=Why do people feel that they need to emerse there whole trailer into the water to launch there boat? Or that they need to have there whole bumper emmersed in the water?

funny=As stated above.

How did everyone else do?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.