Gull Lake opener next week – Any Advise?

• smp500
    Duluth MN

Hey Guys and Girls,

I’ll be heading up to Gull Lake to fish the opener this weekend. My brother has a new job with Crow Wing Power ( rookie linesman ) so he’s on call and can’t venture far.

Does anyone have any tips,spots,presentations, that have been effective for you in May on Gull? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and have a safe and fun opener.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

A jig and redtail minnow in the narrows, rigging redtails lindy rigs around the grassy point area. There is really sooo many choices as there is a lot of structure via bars and drop-offs. Trolling cranks also work great.
    Just remember to keep the nets low and the fish-on talk to a minimum, if not you will have more boats visiting you than you want

You might have better luck asking about this in the Brainerd Area Lakes.

smp500
    Duluth MN

Thanks Slider. I appreicate the help. I’ll shoot ya some pics and let ya know if we do anything on Sat and Sun. Its supposed to be cold and rainy so I’m not sure how good it will be

bassguy
    MANKATO

Sometimes have good luck on opener in front of Dutchmans bluff in 30-40 feet lindy rigging with long leaders.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Sometimes have good luck on opener in front of Dutchmans bluff in 30-40 feet lindy rigging with long leaders.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Well, How did it go?

I heard that the fish were going.

Ron

smp500
    Duluth MN

Hey Slider,

Sorry for the late relpy. Gull was great on opener. We didn’t fill out, but got close. We caught 10 fish between 14 and 16 inches on opening saturday. Jig and fathead combo in 8-14 feet off of grassy point. Also a few nice pike over 30 inches. Sunday morning we didn’t found the ‘eys up in the grass in about 7 FOW but still on grassy point. We only were out about 3 hrs on Sunday morning and got 4.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Glad to see that you got some fish.

Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.