Gull Lake bass report 5/28/05

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

sorry for the late report, life has been busy lately.

Went fishing on Gull On 5/28/05 for ~6hours. Got on the lake about 10 and left around 4/5.

We basically fished the breaks from 5-8 feet of water casting spinnerbaits, small cranks, and rattle traps. The fish were very scattered as we got them here and there with no real grouping going on. when the fish would hit they would really slam it but still not many numbers in the same spots. The size was small with our biggest fish being 1.75 but the numbers sure made up for it (ended up with 45 bass total). With the water temp being around the 55 degree level and the cold front coming through, I believe it put the big mamas on a holding pattern. We tried finessing these fish in in the deeper weeds/breaks but cam up empty. With the warmer weather that we are getting this week I am expecting the fishing to really take off. I will be on the water tomorrow and Sunday and will report back on momday with the results. good fishing.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I was fishing the channels on grassy point Thursday. The small males are shallow on beds. The females are there but in the deeper water. We were running water temps in the low to mid 60’s. My 5 year old got to do battle with one that weight in at 5.3 pounds. She was caught in about 6 feet of water. After that fish she said that she wanted to catch sunnies and crappies, something that she can handle.

Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.