Lilly pads

• pgoetsch337
    Mazeppa, Minnesota

Just curious about what people throw in lilly pads for bass and also for northern. Wacky worms, carolina rigged worms, texas rigged? Tubes? Frogs? Spinner and buzz baits
    Thanks for the input.
    Hollywood2

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

I like throwing scum frogs best. If the pads arent to thick i will throw a buzzbait at times too.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Hollywood,
    I’m with Jason, my fav bait is the black Scum frog in any kind of cover, thicker the better. In more scattered pads I’ll also toss out a Senko, texas on heavy line. Jack..

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

I throw a spinner and slow roll it, sometimes I use a buzzer. Depends on what time of year but a weight-less worm across the pads works nice.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Live Shiner and a weedless hook.

newt
    Pillager, MN

I like to throw a frog bait…if the bass blows up on it and misses…follow up with a worm or lizard.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I do the same as newt.

ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

Deeping on the thickness of the pads, I usually throw a weightless fluke in the spring, and a scrum frog in the summer!
    You seem to hook a lot more fish with the fluke, especially if you using a larger hook, such as a 5/0 worm hook!

Sherm65

You can never go wrong with a weedless spoon! Bring it over the top of the pads and let it flutter down in an opening. Man that is fun!

bass addict
    Eagan, MN

Now where in the devil did you learn a trick like that???

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

If the pads are scattered a bit/ even if there is minimal undergrowth I love to toss in a senko. Seeing the line twitch just a bit and you got-um!
    Frogs are great as well and I will throw in the salad spoon as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.