Heading to Pelican this weekend!

• Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Anybody know if anyone is catching anything on Pelican. I’ll be going up this weekend with the family. WE’ll be by Breezy Point!
    Thanks!

pgoetsch337
    Mazeppa, Minnesota

Hey Fish On,
    I go up to pelican for bass opener. And there are some nice bass in the lake but I was wondering if you know where some nice walleye spots are for the end of may. Sorry I can’t help you with your question, I don’t ice fish up there at all.
    Thanks
    Hollywood2

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Hollywood2, I’ve never fished up there in the summer, but last winter I went out not to far from breeze point on a little suken Island and pulled in a couple eye’s! How’s the bass fishing there?

AdamJohnson
    Brainerd, MN.

Get a nice lake map and look for rocky offshore points and/or saddle areas where two points come together. A GPS is not a bad idea either.

What I have been doing is setting a tip-up in about 10 to 12 feet with a shiner. I then drill several holes going out to about 30 feet or so. Start jigging in the deeper holes and move shallower as the evening progresses. The tip-up will also let you know when the walleyes have moved up the break.

Jig with spoons tipped with a minnow head or I have also had good luck with a perch colored jigging rapala (about size W-5).

If you are catching/seeing perch while it is still light, you are in the right areas. Where there is food, there will be walleyes.

I have had pretty good luck on Pelican this year. Some pretty nice fish also.

Good luck.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Thanks Adam, I’ll do that!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.