Gull Lake – 10/13 to 10/17

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

What a time to get out on Gull everyone! I was up there for the last four days with a bunch of guys from the church and we dang near had the WHOLE lake to OURSELVES!!! Granted, the weather can be challenging at times so just pretend it’s already January and dress accordingly….. you’ll be fine.

The lake was in fine shape Wednesday (some of the group was up a day earlier than me) and water of 60 degrees could be found. By Sunday morning, the temp was down to 54 degrees and the lake has turned! Fish are everywhere so keep your options open.

No crank bite found for me but anytime of day with a “rainbow” minnow (dace) would produce bites from fish as short as 8-9″ and as big as 25-26″. The real hogs seem to still be hiding in weeds as there is PLENTY of green vegetation still around. All the usual spots, and secret spots too, were coughing up a varitey of fish so now is a good time to start chasing our little finned playmates, with or without dinner plates! The best fishing is upon us……. NOW!

Get on ‘er guys!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.