Brainerd area opener report

• jakeh
    White Bear Twp

What a crazy opener!
    My original plan was to try and get in on Mille Lacs, but after a quick drive around the lake on Friday we realized that was not an option. During the drive from mille lacs to Brainerd Saturday a.m. I think we saw less then 5 other boats on the road. We got to the bait shop at 8:00 and we were his second customer. The boat landing was not crowded at all, that might have been the most enjoyable part of this opener. We started with jigs and minnows in search of walleyes. We ended up shifting to jigs and plastics. They both took fish. Almost all of the fish we caught were milking all over the boat. Here is a pic of the big fish for the day, a 22″er.

jslsfish4u
    Cold Spring,MN

How do you like the new boat?

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Way to find ’em Jake! Though it’s been tough on the up-north economy, I’m sure it was nice not having to compete for spots or just to launch.

Speaking of the boat, any more pics of her in the water?

Joel

fishinfool
    mn

Im guessing the two fish limit on Mille is not going to help the economy around there at all…

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Where did you find the open water?

I was one of the people that passed on opener. Dad called to tell me there were a bunch of boats on the Gull narrows by their place. He also mentioned that every one looked cold and no action. Didn’t sound like I missed much.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Quote:

How do you like the new boat?

Really liking it. Sure handled that brutal wind nicely.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.