Border Closed & Migration #'s?

• Weekender
    Southcentral MN

I got to believe the most likely scenario is the Canada border will remain closed through the hunting season. And if it does, I wonder if we’ll see any noticeable difference in the number of birds migrating south this year? Will the decrease in hunter harvest in Canada be noticeable when the birds show up down here or will it be basically negligible?

I don’t know how many Americans actually go north of the border to hunt waterfowl and whether it’s even enough to make a difference in migration numbers.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I do not think the decrease in harvest in Canada will be noticeable in the US. I think there was a good hatch just about everywhere and that’s what will be noticeable.
    I also think there will be a huge influx of waterfowlers in ND and that could cause early migration south and/or east.

404 ERROR
    MN

I highly doubt it. The hunting pressure in Canada is relatively low comparatively, even with open boarders. Avoid ND this year, it’ll be a mess.

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Interesting. I just wasn’t sure how many people (Americans) go north of the border to hunt. I wasn’t aware that ND was such a popular destination either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.