Border

• bruce anderson

Does anybody have any idea if the border will get opened this year?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It will open in 2022……………possibly.
    I seriously wouldn’t count on it happening this year.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

It should open in a week or two, but maybe next month…well, maybe next spring if not next summer.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Two close friends that run resorts in Canada tell me there is zero chance it will open during the open water portion of 2021.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

It is closed indefinitely.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

One of them is still closed seems it will be for awhile.

cheers

Was just announced that the provincial borders are closed to all non essential travel to Ontario . No travel into Ontario from Quebec or Manitoba as well as U.S. Ontario is in a bad way with covid. Most everything is shut down unless it is absolutely essential. People are required to stay at home

bigpike

I find it a bit odd the way Canada has basically locked down its citizens, they have way more mask mandates and separation for an entire year and yet covid is ravaging there country.
    Here in the U.S. states like Michigan has a very pro covid stance on separation and protocols and lockdowns and covid is raging.
    Meanwhile in Texas were they were called Neanderthals for elimination of mask mandates and opened up there economy the supposed wave of Covid has yet to appear.
    It makes me question the value of lockdown vs. common sense and self monitoring.

Just an observation

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

For the first time in many years I didn’t purchase a Canadian fishing license. At my age a missed season takes a big toll.

Oh well at least the restaurant at Thunderbird is open and the beer is cold. And any fishing is better then a dirt nap!

Wayne

Brad Dimond

as yet to appear.
    It makes me que

Recent numbers show Texas has slowed substantially. Minnesota continues to grow. It would be interesting to understand the difference in reporting methodologies to see if they account for any of the difference in trend.

Deaths
    MN ~7,000 deaths, 5.6M population .0013%
    Texas ~50,000 deaths, 29M population .0017%

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Good for the resorts in northern Sconnie and Minnesota. I had to make our reservations a year in advance on Mille Lacs. Then I only got saturday to Thursday. Not a full week.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Neighbor in Canada just sent me this. Tell me this isn’t unnerving?

Attachments:
    1. Lock.jpg

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I find it a bit odd the way Canada has basically locked down its citizens, they have way more mask mandates and separation for an entire year and yet covid is ravaging there country.
    Here in the U.S. states like Michigan has a very pro covid stance on separation and protocols and lockdowns and covid is raging.
    Meanwhile in Texas were they were called Neanderthals for elimination of mask mandates and opened up there economy the supposed wave of Covid has yet to appear.
    It makes me question the value of lockdown vs. common sense and self monitoring.

All the rules don’t mean squat if people don’t follow them. Too many selfish and stubborn people!!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

All the rules don’t mean squat if people don’t follow them. Too many selfish and stubborn people!!
    [/quote]

Totally disagree how long do you think you can keep people in a bubble? WI is in business and has been for a long time. Keep watching the news and hiding i’m moving on with life. Call me stubborn but the forefathers of our country wrote the constitution for a reason.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Neighbor in Canada just sent me this. Tell me this isn’t unnerving?

roll Unbelievable.

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigpike wrote:</div>

Totally disagree. My Canadian friends in Thunder Bay are taking this very seriously and have been in a much more severe, almost militaristic lock down and that seems to be failing them. That is neither selfish or stubborn but it currently seems a little foolish. And so you know I am currently on a quarantine in a county that has 7 active cases not out of selfish or stubborn behavior though mask fatigue helped put me here.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

My Canadian friends in Thunder Bay are taking this very seriously and have been in a much more severe, almost militaristic lock down and that seems to be failing them.

Are you referring to the very harsh restrictions from the post above that went into effect 2 days ago or were the previous restrictions? If the former, can’t really see results in 2 days.

bigpike

I’m referring to the restrictions they have been under since day 1

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The data shows the main way to get the virus is contact with an infected person. Someone is not listening to the restricitions. Like I said, stubborn or selfish.

bigpike

HMmmm
    I guess I was stubborn and selfish when I got covid last year. I just cant recall. Some people like the Nazi Germany way of life. SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

The data shows the main way to get the virus is contact with an infected person. Someone is not listening to the restricitions. Like I said, stubborn or selfish.

Data shows once we reach approximately 70% immunity either vaccine or antigen from being infected the numbers should drop. WI is going to be there faster because of the infections we have had from people carrying on there normal day to day things. Like it or not we didn’t wait in our cave until the vaccine is delivered to 70% of the population.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

It depends on how you got it. I realize for many people their jobs put them at risk for exposure. The mask wearing, social distancing, hand washing, etc. do not prevent the spread of getting the virus 100%, they only reduce the chance.

bigpike, I’m sure we could go back and forth a long time. This will be my last post because I don’t want to see this thread shut down since it’s about the border. No offense meant, none taken. I hope you’re not a long hauler like my younger brother.

bruce anderson

Thanks for the response. I guess we have to focus on the mn side of the boarder. And just to add I dont believe in the whole number of people who they say died off covet or got it at some place. I was at a wrestling tourney in Sioux Falls SD. The news said 16 kids got it and they called it a explosion. But what they didnt say was there were prolly 20000 to 30000 people there, no masks and they all got it 2 weeks later after they all went home had Easter and 2 weeks of school. I’m just saying why are they pushing to try and shut everything down again who gets to gain from this?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The Canadian border closing is a precaution by Canada and has very little to do with the United States.

As for what goes on in this country…………….

The subject is taboo here.

blackbay
    mn

Well look at the bright side. 2022 should bring some spectacular fishing in Canada with two years of little to no fishing pressure.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well look at the bright side. 2022 should bring some spectacular fishing in Canada with two years of little to no fishing pressure.

Does that mean the fishing will stink in Minnesota from over fishing? frown lol

sidescan

Well look at the bright side. 2022 should bring some spectacular fishing in Canada with two years of little to no fishing pressure.) Reply: Last year was one of the busiest fishing season’s I have seen in years on Canadian waters. You can hardly find a boat, tackle, or reservations anywhere with the high demand. Prices are high on anything to do with the outdoors. No I think people are fishing more than ever before, just not from other country’s.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Possibly. Its also possible that Canada still isn’t open in 2022. You can’t predict what is going to happen and you can’t control what another country is going to do.

Certainly when they do open for tourism, I think a vaccine is going to be required and proof of it as well. With the restrictions they have, its almost certain.

Brad Dimond

Bruce Anderson wrote:
    Thanks for the response. I guess we have to focus on the mn side of the boarder. And just to add I dont believe in the whole number of people who they say died off covet or got it at some place. I was at a wrestling tourney in Sioux Falls SD. The news said 16 kids got it and they called it a explosion. But what they didnt say was there were prolly 20000 to 30000 people there, no masks and they all got it 2 weeks later after they all went home had Easter and 2 weeks of school. I’m just saying why are they pushing to try and shut everything down again who gets to gain from this?

Statements like this are why the Canadians closed their borders. Your statement about not believing in COVID statistics is absurd. Many people have died – more than half a million. Millions more have tested positive with medical professionals. Yet you and others persist in denying the pandemic.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.