Boat Windshield

• Jamie Van Beek

Anybody replace windshield in their boats? Have a 2000 Crestliner 1850 sportfish. Looking for alittke advice before I dig into it. Thanks

Denny O
    Central IOWA

What info are you looking for?
    Replacement glass, frame, resetting or what??

fishingchallenged

I have. After quite a bit of research, I found that it was going to be well over a grand for the glass. I called my insurance agent at that point. Worked through my dealership and they did the repair as long as it was going to be covered.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Had mine break….call your insurance agent if that’s the case for yours. The glass is really tough to find and extremely expensive.

There are a couple of other topics on this if you search the forum, too.

B-man

Had mine break….call your insurance agent if that’s the case for yours. The glass is really tough to find and extremely expensive.

There are a couple of other topics on this if you search the forum, too.

Agreed.

If you are extremely lucky you might find a used one, but in most cases guys end up going new and using their insurance $$$$

queenswake
    NULL

My windshield shattered in my 1995 speed boat when coming down from a big wave. The frame was intact. My only real option was to get it replaced with plexiglass by a guy up in Ham Lake. Looks and works just fine.

Jamie Van Beek

The glass and frame are good. The bottom of the glass is up about 2 inches from the frame. I am going to replace the seal. Just looking to reset it.

Jamie Van Beek

This is what it looks like.

Attachments:
    1. 20190708_193519.jpg

Dennis Olsen

I have this exact same issue. How did you resolve it? Any insight would be great. Nobody will work on it and I am struggling to find new gaskets.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Had this happen on my 1860 Angler. What worked for me was to drastically loosen all fittings. This allowed the window to “relax” back down. The tough part was massaging the glass back into the gasket. Lots of patience, cold beer and some lube and it went back into the gasket. Added lok-tite too all bolts and tightened them up. Knock on wood, it’s still holding.

Good luck.

Dennis Olsen

Thanks. I was hoping to be able to re-set into the gasket, but it is trashed and has to be replaced. If I can find the gasket, at least it sounds like there is hope I can get it back in.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The glass and frame are good. The bottom of the glass is up about 2 inches from the frame. I am going to replace the seal. Just looking to reset it.

Well if you try and fix it and it breaks, then call your insurance company. whistling

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.