Boat wash down pump?

• supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I’m on my third washdown pump and the last one lasted exactly 3 years. I have been using johnson pump for a manufacture because that’s what came with my lund. The last one failed because moisture got between the pump and motor causing the bearings to rust shut. Obviously these are not high end pump and it might just need to be expected. What is everyone else experiencing.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Can you replace with a Jabsco? Many of the higher end wake boat manufacturers use Jabsco ballast pumps, and they’re pretty reliable.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Jabsco ballast pumps

I took a look at there wash down pumps and seem to be identical in construction to the johnson pump. There ballast pumps have brass pumps and look like a better pump but they do not have a built in pressure switch. I guess I will wait if others have had good luck with these. Thanks

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Fair enough. I know that Jabsco and Johnson are the two main players in the ballast pump business. I just helped the BIL replace a Jabsco Ballast Puppy that died after 15 years–that sucker was heavy duty.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.