Boat pricing ?

• Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Called a couple dealers seems price of last years boats have increased substantially ! I don’t get how 3000 price increase is justified . Same boat as last year . Corporations trying to maintain those profit margins ? Or just flat out price gouging ?

David G

Possibly, because they have moved fewer units they need maintain a certain margin of profit. Also materials have gone way up. Just like lumber. It all gets passed on to us.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

This has been on the horizon for awhile, and shouldn’t be surprising. Material costs have gone up, labor costs have gone up, and component prices have gone up. And yes corporations need to maintain profit margins in order to continue to make boats.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Possibly, because they have moved fewer units they need maintain a certain margin of profit. Also materials have gone way up. Just like lumber. It all gets passed on to us.

Most brands have been moving a lot more units since the pandy started. Boat business is booming at the moment. However- disrupted supply chains, lack of labor, inflation, and raw material cost increases all result in higher prices for the consumer.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

And yes corporations need to maintain profit margins in order to continue to make boats.

…hopefully quality boats.

Are you guys seeing issues with quality? I’m a small sample size but I know three people who either purchased a boat or RV and the quality has been absolute crap, unusable! Like in no ways should it have passed QI.

If I can give any advice about buying a new boat or camper…DON’T TRADE IN YOUR CURRENT ITEM UNTIL YOU RECIEVE YOURS AND TEST IT OUT!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

COVID has nothing to due with wink wink

stevenoak

Gas is a dollar more. A cheeseburger at my favorite bar/grille went up 2 bucks. Don’t get me started on building materials. Fast food jobs crowd $20, and I just got an ad on my phone for $100k jobs at John Deere. Boat manufacturers are competing for workers in that market. Ok. I’m done

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Consumer Price Index, inflation, all things seem to have gone up 30%. Except what my savings are earning at the bank, which I am almost to the point of having to pay them to hold my money.

Matthew Sandys

It is all simple economics. Supply and Demand. Demand is up and supply is down. Plus I think Rona is pushing prices higher too for companies benefits.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    And yes corporations need to maintain profit margins in order to continue to make boats.

…hopefully quality boats.

Are you guys seeing issues with quality? I’m a small sample size but I know three people who either purchased a boat or RV and the quality has been absolute crap, unusable! Like in no ways should it have passed QI.

If I can give any advice about buying a new boat or camper…DON’T TRADE IN YOUR CURRENT ITEM UNTIL YOU RECIEVE YOURS AND TEST IT OUT!

I had a dealer tell me that quality is most definitely suffering right now.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Gas is a dollar more. A cheeseburger at my favorite bar/grille went up 2 bucks. Don’t get me started on building materials. Fast food jobs crowd $20, and I just got an ad on my phone for $100k jobs at John Deere. Boat manufacturers are competing for workers in that market. Ok. I’m done

All facts…👍🏻

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

So a dealer you called for a new boat quote is telling you the brand he sells is suffering quality problems?

If so, I admire his honesty, but doubt that he’ll be making many sales giving potential customers that information.

HRG

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>

So a dealer you called for a new boat quote is telling you the brand he sells is suffering quality problems?

If so, I admire his honesty, but doubt that he’ll be making many sales giving potential customers that information.

HRG

Don,t think it matters , they wanted to order 25 boats , Alumacraft said no, you get 16. All 16 are sold. I do appreciate his honesty though.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Place your order for a new 2022, ask them for a written guarantee that you will have it in 2022. I’ll bet you don’t get one.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Place your order for a new 2022, ask them for a written guarantee that you will have it in 2022. I’ll bet you don’t get one.

Spot on Dutch. It seems the dealers i have talked to , is a take it or leave it deal right now. People are backing out of boats that were not delivered , not even close to said date. No rhyme or reason some guys getting their boats within 6 months some waiting over a year ?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Dealers hold all the cards right now. If a guy backs out for any reason when the boat finally does show up it takes about 30 seconds to sell it.

This is what is driving the used boat market.

Stanley

I placed an order for a 2021 in January and was told March/April for delivery. Then delays, now it will be a 2022 if it shows up before they switch to making 2023’s and the last answer about delivery I got from the dealer was alumacraft isn’t giving expected delivery dates and basically it shows up when it shows up.

stevenoak

Businesses from Subway to Hospitals quality is suffering. I’ve heard some Hospitals bed shortages are due to lack of staff more than no available beds. Health care workers have been offered huge bonuses to work, and take overtime. Went in a Subway last week. 3rd time ever. But that or a gas station in a little town. Asked for a medium size sandwich. She ask me “how long”. I never go there. I don’t know how long it is. She asked me again. I said you have one $5 something, $9 something and $12 something. Give me the $9 something sandwich. She rang ne up . It was $5 something. Think if you have a pulse, and walk in the door. Someone will hire you right now. Even before this. I bought a Alumacraft all welded flatbotton boat. The welds looked like bird droppings off a high wire. Think it was Lund that had an ad. They went down their production line and mentioned employees length of service. 20 to 50 years of boat building experience. Betting a lot of them now have less than one.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Supply and Demand. Right now there’s a higher demand than supply

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Businesses from Subway to Hospitals quality is suffering. I’ve heard some Hospitals bed shortages are due to lack of staff more than no available beds. Health care workers have been offered huge bonuses to work, and take overtime. Went in a Subway last week. 3rd time ever. But that or a gas station in a little town. Asked for a medium size sandwich. She ask me “how long”. I never go there. I don’t know how long it is. She asked me again. I said you have one $5 something, $9 something and $12 something. Give me the $9 something sandwich. She rang ne up . It was $5 something. Think if you have a pulse, and walk in the door. Someone will hire you right now. Even before this. I bought a Alumacraft all welded flatbotton boat. The welds looked like bird droppings off a high wire. Think it was Lund that had an ad. They went down their production line and mentioned employees length of service. 20 to 50 years of boat building experience. Betting a lot of them now have less than one.

Initially when BRP took over they had a pretty high turn over from managers to production workers. Then covid , be surprised if they have anyone with 10 years tenure. I could be wrong ?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

With the add unemployment ending soon their will me more people available and searching for jobs. That is of course if they aren’t all living out of cardboard boxes when the rent eviction freeze ends.

Interesting times ahead that will effect all industries.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Went in a Subway last week. 3rd time ever. But that or a gas station in a little town. Asked for a medium size sandwich. She ask me “how long”. I never go there. I don’t know how long it is. She asked me again. I said you have one $5 something, $9 something and $12 something. Give me the $9 something sandwich. She rang ne up . It was $5 something.

I realize it’s convenient to take a shot at fast food help, but every Subway I’ve been in has a menu board that shows 6″ or footlong, not small, medium or large. Maybe take a minute to look at the offerings, before you criticize the help?

HRG

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.