Boat motor parts

• mrpike1973

I want to replace the water pump in my motor with a kit. Best place to buy boat parts online? Most of them you need to weed thru all kinds of parts and cannot find the actual part number I would need. Any advice the local dealer is $90 is flea bay a good or bad idea. Thanks

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

http://www.boats.net is where I’ve been getting my parts. Seems to be very good prices as well. I look up my parts manual first, find the part number, and then type it into the search bar on the website and usually find it pretty easily.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Why are you replacing a brand new motors water pump ? I order most my small parts like that through country view marine so if I have a issue it’s easy to replace

isu22andy

I’d heard to stay with OEM pumps , if it’s a Yamaha I’ve used PartsVu as well .

JEREMY
    BP

I wouldnt use some knock off crap if OEM is only $90.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Unfortunately for the merc kit, the one at the dealer was the best option for me when I had to do mine last year. I failed to source one online for any appreciable savings, and the dealer had them in stock now no waiting. Brunswick had all systems go down due to some hacker nonsense, don’t know if they’re back up and running but they weren’t taking orders or shipping parts for at least a few weeks so if you have access to one at a dealer it might be in your best interest to grab it.

mrpike1973

Thanks for help guys. Bearcat for my Mercury it should be replaced every 3 years plan on doing it in September want to get the parts before everyone else decides to in fall.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks for help guys. Bearcat for my Mercury it should be replaced every 3 years plan on doing it in September want to get the parts before everyone else decides to in fall.

Has it been 3 years already, time flies. Thought that was new last year

iowa_josh

The last place I did was boats.net as well. I only order from places that have the part diagrams for me to look at.

Deuces

Personally I only ordered when parts weren’t available locally. Want to keep these shops around.

With that said I ordered off marineengine.com and boats.net both with positive results

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I use PartsVu for the 2020 Yami and Crowley Marine for the 1978 Evinrude and 1985 Johnson.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.