boat customer service

• Tim J
    Duluth, MN

I’m not going to name names, I just want to know your opinion of a situation in dealing with customer service from a boat manufacturer. I noticed a gas leak in my boat, brought it to dealer I bought it from, they looked at it, found the leak and determined they needed to replace a part. This involved ordering directly from manufacturer. So my question is, how long would you what for said part to arrive before starting to get a little frustrated?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would expect the part in a week and it fixed in two weeks. That said I would have offered to pay to have the part shipped next day air if I was in a hurry.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I would’ve shipped it overnight, handled the repair myself. In that process probably break 2 other parts, one of those would be backordered.

Hope it works out.

I’d expect quicker turnaround than Dutch. Week seems a long time for a part, I’ve replaced ALOT of parts on older motor and dealers/shops usually can get them in a day or two through their networks. One week ideally for whole process.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

New boat?
    Warranty?

Inside of 7 days but I might be spoiled.

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

Boat is 2 years old and yes its warranty work.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Somebody dropped the ball if your asking

munchy
    NULL

Just keep pestering them everyday, they’ll eventually get the hint or annoyed.

fishingchallenged

Unfortunately, the boat manufacturers have caught up with the automotive industry on the high prices, but have not done so on the customer service or technical support side. There are some good ones, but not widespread.

On the product quality, outboard manufacturers are improving, but the quality standards in the boats aren’t great yet. They look good from the surface, but compare the wire harness in your boat to your tow vehicle. Look at the routing of the hoses in your bilge area. It’s still pretty crude for the prices they are commanding. Still room for improvement.

CBMN
    North Metro

Sorry to hear you are having issues, don’t get me started on boat manufacture issues and timelines…

I am guessing you will do better than I did.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Depends on the part. Complete tank might (because of size and distance) could take a week or more. Small part a couple days. Boat should be done 48 hours after part arrives.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.