Boat cover question

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Ok Lund guys, are you able to tell me the difference between an 02 Pro V 2025 and a 2007, same boat? The reason I ask is because I’m getting an 02, but it has no cover system at all. I’ve located a bow cover for an 07, and it looks to me like the snaps and cut outs for the rails are about the same. Any input on that would be great.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m not a Lund guy but don’t the snaps on the boat slide? I think you can slide them to match up with the snaps on the cover. So, you went from a Crestliner to the dark side? grin

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Haha ya, now I’m a Lund snob, as some of my friends put it. I know on newer Lunds they slide I believe, but this one has fixed snaps up front, and no snaps aft of the windshield. Looks like customization or a cheap cover to just throw over it. Good times.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thought I’d check in and let you guys know I got a cover; we’ll see how it holds up. It’s from one of the big outdoors’ guys, and it fits decently. I don’t plan on traveling with it a lot, mostly just storage while it’s left at the lake overnight, stuff like that. Less than half the cost of a custom cover, so that helps.

reb
    SE Wisconsin

Does your new cover snap on the rails or? My 2006 1700 Explorer has slideable snaps on the rails and has the Lund Cover. Works perfect for long distance towing. It does have fixed snaps near the bow and stern, but sliding on the port/stern sides. The original cover is very high quality IMHO. Not sure when the side slides start/end. Great boating times 2U & all.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Nope, no snaps on the new cover I got. It has a drawstring though, which is attractive. Used it the other day and seemed to keep water out real well. Don’t know that I’ll tow with it though. I may take the string out and replace it with webbing with a ratchet strap though, so I know it would hold even more securely.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.