Boat Carpet

• eggbake

I have a 16 ft smokercraft. Any suggestions on who can replace the carpet and maybe the deck boards in central Minnesota? Any rough estimate on costs?

Thanks.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

No suggestions other than have it replaced with the vinyl flooring. I will never have a boat with carpet in the main floor again ever.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I will never have a boat with carpet in the main floor again ever.

Same. No more carpet for this guy either.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

There was a guy on this forum here in Lindstrom that offered to do my old boat. I’ll try to remember his name. It must be in my messages some where. But I’m all for what the guys above said. I’ll never go carpet again.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Thankfully, it seems like boat carpet is becoming a thing of the past–fishing boats, pontoons, tow boats, runabouts–they’ve all gone away from carpet, and there are great options out there.

Stanley

Depending on the year of your boat smokercraft had a lifetime warranty on the wood in their boats. At least my 17 had that. The carpet probably won’t be covered by that warranty.

I must be the odd one but I didn’t like the whole vinyl floor in my smokercraft. Got hot for bare feet. My alumacraft has vinyl cockpit and the rest carpet.

CBMN
    North Metro

I replaced some plywood floor with vinyl in my 2008 Lund and I bought my material form Rochford Supply in Brooklyn Park. I believe they sell carpet and vinyl but I am not 100% sure.

rochfordsupply.com/

Might be worth asking there if they know any installers or recommend any?

CaptainMusky

Vinyl is hot, slippery when frosty or fish slime on it. Not for me. I just use the pressure washer on my carpet and it still looks new.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Vinyl is hot, slippery when frosty or fish slime on it.

Mine isn’t. Mine can be in the sun for hours on end and its the same as it was before. I don’t walk around in a boat bare-footed though either. That’s a recipe for stepping on a hook.

Frosty? You dumping beers on the floor or what lol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

LOL

Honestly its the ease of maintenance that sells me. No scrubbing, staining, ripping, tearing, etc. I just hose it down to clean it. Its like cleaning a hardwood in the house instead of cleaning carpet.

CaptainMusky

$5 at the carwash and my carpet is completely clean even with ground in crawlers and their bedding. Takes just a few minutes, but do NOT use soap! The only sucky part is drying it. I usually leave it sit outside in the sun, but if I cannot do that because its raining I put in garage and put a box fan in there.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Vinyl is hot, slippery when frosty or fish slime on it.

Have you ever been in a boat with marine vinyl, or are you just basing this opinion off of what you’re imagining it to be like? ???

glenn57
    cold spring mn

$5 at the carwash and my carpet is completely clean even with ground in crawlers and their bedding. Takes just a few minutes, but do NOT use soap! The only sucky part is drying it. I usually leave it sit outside in the sun, but if I cannot do that because its raining I put in garage and put a box fan in there.

you have a box fan??? toast wave

does it have stickers!!!!!1 mrgreen

sorry someonee was gonna!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Hope you just have to replace the carpet. Replacing the deck boards kind of sucks. Getting the stainless screws out sucks. 8 of 10 screws will strip trying to back them out. Once old floor is out, new floor went in pretty easy.

CaptainMusky

you have a box fan???
    does it have stickers!!!!!

sorry someonee was gonna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No stickers sadly and its not for sale either LOL

CaptainMusky

Have you ever been in a boat with marine vinyl, or are you just basing this opinion off of what you’re imagining it to be like?

Yes, my buddy replaced all his carpet with marine vinyl several years ago and it was a nightmare. He is regretting the decision to this day. Maybe its better now, but it was terrible.

mnfisherman18

I have kicked around redoing the entire floor in my 2006 sportfish 18′, the quotes have ranged from $4,200 to $5,8000. I have not pulled the trigger yet due to cost. Thought about trying to tackle it myself, but not sure I have the time or patience.

CaptainMusky

I have kicked around redoing the entire floor in my 2006 sportfish 18′, the quotes have ranged from $4,200 to $5,8000. I have not pulled the trigger yet due to cost. Thought about trying to tackle it myself, but not sure I have the time or patience.

When my buddy did it was a result of realizing his transom was rotted so he went gungho. Its a massive undertaking but he is way more amitious than I am. I pay for that crap to get done because there are experts that do a better job and way more efficient than I could ever imagine.

Krh129

I used a guy in Pierz a few years ago I think he calls it TBC Marine now.

Cody Meyers

I’m in the middle of tearing out all my carpet. I’m going to install hydro turf rather than marine vinyl. To do this I had to replace all of the decking so that the edge gaps aligned correctly. Here are some photos so far, but this is a big job.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9400-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_9493-scaled.jpeg

3. IMG_9586-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks good so far Cody. No chance I’d even consider tackling a project like that myself.

Be sure to post a photo of the finished product when you’re done.

CaptainMusky

Looks good so far Cody. No chance I’d even consider tackling a project like that myself.

Be sure to post a photo of the finished product when you’re done.

Agreed. no chance I would take that on myself, but COdy is doing a good job! Make sure to check your transom while you are at it. Take off the top cover and look for mold, etc.

Cody Meyers

I’ll post an update here in this thread. I considered starting my own boat remodel thread….but nah.

We installed the hydro turf in the cockpit today. I have a few minor things like trim to put on, holes to cut out, speakers to install, etc.

Then we will get the rest of the turf installed on the decks and sides.

Then just some minor rigging like mounting the troller, popping the graphs back on, and installing all the latches on the lids.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9690-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_9689-scaled.jpeg

3. IMG_9687-scaled.jpeg

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

Jeff Oakland – Oakland Boat Repair, New York Mills Mn 218 385 2783

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Just had my 2000 Crestliner 182 Tournament Series carpet redone, he did an amazing job changed color of carpet so every piece of carpet had to be replaced0 and he replaced all the wood. I did not realize how bad the old carpet was 24 year old boat looks brand new, all in was $2,200.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Just had my 2000 Crestliner 182 Tournament Series carpet redone, he did an amazing job changed color of carpet so every piece of carpet had to be replaced0 and he replaced all the wood. I did not realize how bad the old carpet was 24 year old boat looks brand new, all in was $2,200.

Where did you have it done? Maybe not this year but looking to replace mine also.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Where did you have it done? Maybe not this year but looking to replace mine also.
    [/quote]

Sent a PM

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.