soldBlackstone model 1517 – 2 burner, 28″ griddle: $150

• dirtywater

Everything works and is in good order, but the grill top was left uncovered for a time and there are some oxidization issues. I’ve seen much worse, and Blackstone claims you can clean it up following this guide. I don’t have the time to put into make it shine again, and we mostly use dad’s 4-burner now anyway.

I do not have propane (don’t own anything that runs on it) so if you want to give this a test you will need to bring along your own propane tank.

These appear to be selling for around 275-350 new, I’m asking 150. If someone thinks that’s wildly off-base and wants to make an offer, be my guest. Will accept cash or Venmo. Pick it up from my place in Saint Paul between Hidden Falls and Watergate.

I’m around this weekend, then gone fishing the following week.

Attachments:
    1. image2-2-scaled.jpeg

2. image3-2-scaled.jpeg

3. image0-3-scaled.jpeg

Umy
    South Metro

Mine looked identical. Got it from my brother in law who had never used it.
    Scrubby pad ( not metal bristles but a metal like look and feel in a sponge type shape) Heated it up with some vegetable oil and then scrubbed. Did this three times and it’s beautiful now. Got a little gung ho and used the dremel to get into the corners with a soft buffing head on it. An hour of elbow grease and it’ll be brand new.
    Mine has sat for a year and the one area is a little burned but I did not clean it well when I put it away so my bad.
    Great deal for someone

Attachments:
    1. Blackstone-scaled.jpg

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Dirty Water, I think thats a fair price👍🏻 not to derail your for sale post but I had to comment on Umy’s picture.

Umy, FYI a BlackStone is supposed to look like a cast iron pan not shiny metal. If it’s seasoned and black nothing with stick. See pictures of a correctly seasoned griddle.

Attachments:
    1. How-to-re-season-a-Blackstone-04.jpg

2. maxresdefault.jpg

Umy
    South Metro

Well taken Joe, mine at the lake looks like yours. The one I received has only had one batch of eggs, bacon, hashbrowns run thru it so far.I twill get seasoned better the more I use it – just like my Lodge frying pan. Waaaay better than my wifes non-stick POS.
    Thanks for the clarification

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Waaaay better than my wifes non-stick POS.

Ha ha, we have the same situation at my house–stay away from my cast iron!!!

404 ERROR
    MN

Does it come with a cover?

dirtywater

Does it come with a cover?

Does not include a cover.

Just got back from a week outta cell service. Replied to all PM’s. Still available as of this morning but I will update if sold. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Blackstone model 1517 – 2 burner, 28″ griddle: $150’ is closed to new replies.