Black stone

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m about the join the black stone world. Just debating on going 36 or 28. I cook for 4 daily. Should I just go all in and get the 36. Or is the 28 more then enough room? I cook on a charcoal grill pretty much daily and smoke on the weekends. Just want to add a weapon to my arsenal.

Andrew Swenson

I pretty much just cook for myself and have the 36” and I’m glad I went bigger. I would definitely recommend the 36 especially if cooking for 4.

ThunderLund78

36″ – NO QUESTION! We’re also a family of 4 and it’s perfect – there’s always the days where you have neighbors over or some family and the extra space comes in useful. Plus, if you’re like me and need have to have every topping on your burger or sandwich possible, you have space to sauté all that as well.

Your life is about to get like 10% better. Share your fun here or in the recipe forum woot

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I got a 28″ for our family of three and wish I had gotten the 36″.

munchy
    NULL

Bigger the better. You will run out of room quickly when doing things like fried rice, stir fry, pancakes, etc…

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Been looking at getting one. I too cook on charcoal. What product are you looking at?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Come on BC you know better than to ask that question around here. wave

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Blackstones come with really nice covers also, just be careful pulling them off in the winter. They get a bit stiff and the grill has sharp corners. doah

picklerick
    Central WI

I have the 28″ and cooked breakfast and dinner for 8 last weekend on it. There are times I wish it was larger, but it was free and upgrading would be out of my pocket. As for the fabric cover, I didn’t like how rain and snow pooled onto it until it bottomed out on the metal. Had some rust issues. I took two old camping pot lids that have knobs in the center for a handle, placed them upside down on the griddle with a foot long piece of 2×6 on top of them and water sheds right off it now. At the time I couldn’t find a metal hood cover in stock anywhere but now I see they’re available for about $60-70.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I had the same debate going on in my head. Ended up with the 36. So happy I did! One of the best things I’ve ever purchased.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I have the 28″ and cooked breakfast and dinner for 8 last weekend on it. There are times I wish it was larger, but it was free and upgrading would be out of my pocket. As for the fabric cover, I didn’t like how rain and snow pooled onto it until it bottomed out on the metal. Had some rust issues. I took two old camping pot lids that have knobs in the center for a handle, placed them upside down on the griddle with a foot long piece of 2×6 on top of them and water sheds right off it now. At the time I couldn’t find a metal hood cover in stock anywhere but now I see they’re available for about $60-70.

I toss a chunk of firewood under there to keep the water from ponding.

I also had to modify the area where the grease drips out because it would backtrack and miss the trap.

picklerick
    Central WI

I remember that grease issue on the ones with the channel in the front. Mine is from the first year they moved it to the rear center. Until mine delivered, I wasn’t sure which one I was going to get.

ThunderLund78

I also had to modify the area where the grease drips out because it would backtrack and miss the trap.

Yes – this^ if you have a model that drains down the V-channel to the right in the front. But I think the new ones drain out the mid-back now? Seems to be a better system.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>picklerick wrote:</div>

I toss a chunk of firewood under there to keep the water from ponding.

I bought a flip-up lid metal cover. Similar to a grill. Works and looks very nice.

ThunderLund78

The top-end model they have now with the 36″ griddle top, solid lid and dual air-fryers are SWEET!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I may need to upgrade. waytogo

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Blackstones come with really nice covers also

Make sure to get the metal cover. You will be kicking yourself if you don’t. The metal cover adds a slope to it and water wont pool on it.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Go 36”. You wont regret it. Season it on medium heat. Those flat tops dont like raging heat outta the box and will pop and curl in the corners. The side shelves are pretty much useless. There is no heat guard and will melt anything and everything. Having a separate prep/landing table is key. Invest in a boxes of rubber gloves and lots of paper towel to clean your grease trap. Always have a backup bottle of gas. Nothing worse than hitting empty mid cook. Its an incredible tool to add the cooking arsenal. I use mine a few times a week. Stir fry, tacos, fried rice, smash burgers, steaks, kabobs breakfast galore! Oh yeah, get a basting lid as well

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thank you guys. The 36 is ordered with the metal lid. I cant wait. Im going to be the little hibatchi guy flipping food in to all the kids mouths by next week. We are pretty excited.
    I must be getting old when this is the most exciting purchase I’ve made in a while besides a new ceiling fan, and bathroom light fixture

snelson223
    Austin MN

Anyone have the Blackstone with air fryer?

picklerick
    Central WI

Thank you guys. The 36 is ordered with the metal lid. I cant wait. Im going to be the little hibatchi guy flipping food in to all the kids mouths by next week. We are pretty excited.
    I must be getting old when this is the most exciting purchase I’ve made in a while besides a new ceiling fan, and bathroom light fixture

Three words…actually six.

smash burgers, smash burgers, smash burgers

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Post pics of the exploding volcano and do the egg roll thing also. woot

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Go big or go home.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I was a kitchen guy for half my career. Grills are a PITA, none in my future.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I have the pitboss version, my fam uses it all the time. You will enjoy it no doubt.

hnd

Get the 36. I bought the 28. Wish there was a 48.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Ive been rocking the 36 for years. Works well from breakfast, fish tacos and venison fajitas.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

36 at home on the deck and 36 at the camper on the deck. Both with the burners on the side. You can’t go wrong with this model. You never know when you will have 20 kids lined up for pancakes or need to rip up some hibachi for family and friends!

MNdrifter

Sounds like you got your answer. I’d also suggest the biggest you can afford. Wait until you reverse sear your ribeyes with a pad of butter on the Blackstone after smoking them! Better than any steak I’ve ever got at a steakhouse. Even better than the stockyards in Fort Worth TX.

Anyone have the Blackstone with air fryer?

I have a griddle/air fryer combo. They are pretty awesome!

Attachments:
    1. DC0974EE-D6CC-4386-8790-71AC27E35642-scaled.jpeg

MNdrifter

Blt’s on blackstone tonight. As you can see 3 lbs of bacon is a little much for a 28”. I wish I would have gotten the 36”.

Attachments:
    1. 2BF9445A-12AE-4E4D-822D-050DCEEFB341-scaled.jpeg

2. F1D407DB-2478-4AC4-BD6C-A55640610E96-scaled.jpeg

3. 05AE0372-8509-405F-A1B9-3D0CD8F1DA3A-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.