Black stone sale.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Fleet farm has the 28 inch on sale for 199, with my rewards I got it for 140. Pretty good deal if any one is looking.

Attachments:
    1. 20240126_093346-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You wont regret it!

I was waiting to find a good deal. I went to ff to get line for a rattle reel, left with a black stone.

CaptainMusky

I was waiting to find a good deal. I went to ff to get line for a rattle reel, left with a black stone.

And no line?

10klakes

A propane gridle was the next outdoor cooking thing I want to buy. Lot of brand options and materials these days. Is a two burner 28″ a good option for two people- occasionally feeding friends and family? Loos like it has a lid which is good.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

A propane gridle was the next outdoor cooking thing I want to buy. Lot of brand options and materials these days. Is a two burner 28″ a good option for two people- occasionally feeding friends and family? Loos like it has a lid which is good.

Yes, there is 4 of us and the 28 is a good size for that. And yes it has the lid and side shelves. They are normally 360$

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

And no line?

You know me all to well lol. I do that every time

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

darn good deal, when I got mine I used Cabelas points!! no charge… you will like it!!!

tswoboda

Does anyone here put a small pot directly on the blackstone surface?

ThunderLund78

28″ is just fine. This is just me, but if you can get a deal on a 36″ and have room for it, do it. Only because you never know when you might have company show up. I will also say the 4 burners on a 36″ are handy – you have a lot of room to go from searing on one side to a warmer on the other with minimal heat transfer.

But whatever size you get, get ready for some great meals that are fun to cook.

And yes – you can do this for sauces, mops, butter, etc. Could probably even boil something but it might take a bit longer than a stove.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Run a broom through that 8′ bed.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Run a broom through that 8′ bed.

I just emptied it, was mound full of concrete rubble. I have more rubble to haul so I won’t sweep it till I’m done.

wormdunker

And when you graduate, get the Traeger Flat Rock. Blows my old Blackstone away. But Blackstone is a good starter kit until you realize how much you will use it and if yo like it.

Gitchi Gummi

a buddy and I tried to use a blackstone to boil maple syrup before (essentially use it as the preheater), and it struggled to ever get to a boil. I’d say it didn’t really work all that well but also important to note the sap started at a temp of around 35 degrees.

wormdunker

My experience is temp control of any pot pan or whatever on top of a Griddle is difficult. I have fried fish in an aluminum pan on top of the BS. The first batch will go well. However, temp bounce back is terrible, takes too long to get back up to fry temp. Also pay attention to how that pan affects your seasoning. A friend used a pan on his an he had to re-season because there was a reaction between the cook surface and pan.

tswoboda

Thanks guys I’m just wondering if it can boil some water for coffee and doing dishes. Sounds like it might take awhile

picklerick
    Central WI

I used the 28 at our camper up north for a few years before getting a 36 for home. The 28 doesn’t heat up as evenly as the 36 but it does the job. I like that I can leave one 36 burner off to move things off to the side to keep warm.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.