Bitter Lake SD Reports?

• bassh8er

Headed up to Bitter lake on Wednesday and wondering if anybody had any recent reports or an idea of depths for eyes a d perch?

Appreciate any feedback and will be sure and post a follow-up report.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Reports on here last week had ice in terrible shape and vehicles going through the ice. I would call out to SD and get a report from someone local.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Reports on here last week had ice in terrible shape and vehicles going through the ice. I would call out to SD and get a report from someone local.

Those incidents were not on Bitter but yes still be careful and call ahead. Your best contact is Sportsman Cove in Webster he has a recorded fishing report that you can listen to and he gives updated ice conditions. I was there the 5th – 6th and the East side of Bitter was good. Wasn’t even trying the west or NW portion because of ice conditions.

bassh8er

Thank you sir; we usually stop in to buy bait from the Cove.

What depths were you finding the fish?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

not sure where bitter lake is from an Orman lake by Belle Froursche S.D. but i post i seen elsewhere said they had 6 inches of ice there for some walleye tourney they entered!!!!!

tornadochaser

not sure where bitter lake is from an Orman lake by Belle Froursche S.D. but i post i seen elsewhere said they had 6 inches of ice there for some walleye tourney they entered!!!!!

Opposite ends of the state.

I was 20 miles south of Bitter over the weekend and the lake we wanted to fish had 10-12 small open water spots just visible from the ramp. But 10 miles west of us there were trucks pulling wheel houses out on a clear 12″ of ice. Basically, you need to check as you go and don’t assume because you see somebody else out that the ice is good between you and them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.