Bills in MN to reduce walleye limits

• ganderpike
    Alexandria

I don’t think fishery managers make regulations on comparative evidence.

In my opinion, 4 fish is plenty for an angler. I think the lakes that see all these guides bringing clients to the same spot, day after day, filling livewells with 24 fish from May through July would see the most relief. Many lakes can in fact support that. I know of many that cannot also. I don’t tell people how or what they should do with their fish, but Ive never scoffed at 4 walleye.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Well the bad news is that the reduction will not to anything to improve the fishery, spawning issues or fix any problems. But the Good news is that everyone has a better chance to brag about getting their limit. Sort of like getting a trophy for minimal skill and effort.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ganderpike wrote:</div>
    I don’t tell people how or what they should do with their fish, but Ive never scoffed at 4 walleye.

Have you fished leech recently? I may have had a scoff or two at a few 4 fish limits I’ve seen there whistling

Are you saying it’s been pretty good there? Leech puts me on my knee’s and walks me around

basseyes

Well the bad news is that the reduction will not to anything to improve the fishery, spawning issues or fix any problems. But the Good news is that everyone has a better chance to brag about getting their limit. Sort of like getting a trophy for minimal skill and effort.

So what you’re saying is it has no scientific data supporting it, but it’ll make do-gooder’s “feel” better? Good let’s do it even though there’s nothing to support it helps, sounds like the Minnesota way.

Only way I’d be for 4 on every lake is if there was a possession of 2 days limits tied to it, but Minnesota doesn’t like multiple day possession limits for fish, so there’s that.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.