Biggest price increase of a product I’ve seen

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Now a case of pop on sale is close to $9 I think.

I bought a case of mtn dew last month at Cub Foods for $5.99.

In general, the price of certain cuts of meat have really gone up. Beef and bacon to be specific.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

I wanted it for a underground run for lp from the tank to my garage ended up using 1/2 poly

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I turned on my TV for the first time in a week and found that Hulu went up $5 (roughly 8%) just because they can.

It’s crazy looking at all the examples shared here already. The real problems are going to start when the stimulus juice in the economy is completely gone, and the first few hikes in interest rates start. Again, this will slow inflation as intended. However, it will not decrease prices…just push borrowers beyond what they can manage after years of borrowing for next to nothing. There are new price floors being set daily.

dentedboatguy

My Shorelander trailer was totaled when hit by a motorcycle. Incredibly no damage to the Tahoe or most importantly the boat, but that is another story. Ordered a new trailer from Shorelander in September. The new trailer will not be delivered until February which I am OK with as the boat not being used right now. However since the deal was closed there has been two $500 price increases in the sale price by Shorelander, not my dealer. I have to grin and bear it.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

lets go Branden. flame

This post shows me exactly the level of intellect we are dealing with James.

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>
    lets go Branden. flame

Attachments:
    1. 249367069_2001119296702742_9019787458818309781_n.jpg

jon amundson

If you voted for him combat back with all the great things he has done. We will wait. I’m sure you have a long list to sort through. Not one person hasn’t felt this president’s effects on there income. Sad some can’t see what they voted for.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Does no good to complain about the currant administration. Whats done is done. Everybody will have their chance to vote again in a few years.

I know we have rod & tackle makers here, are they seeing any problem getting raw materials?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does no good to complain about the currant administration. Whats done is done. Everybody will have their chance to vote again in a few years.

Best post ever!!

queenswake
    NULL

I remember you could get a case of Mountain Dew/Pepsi for $2.88 with a coupon at Cub, probably about 10 or so years ago. Now a case of pop on sale is close to $9 I think. Price basically has tripled.

Yes, I’ve really noticed the increase in the price of pop just in the last few months even at Costco/Sams Club. Especially with Coke. You can really tell how Coke is forcing the price increase even at the warehouse stores.

queenswake
    NULL

In general, the price of certain cuts of meat have really gone up. Beef and bacon to be specific.

Yes, beef I expect, but you know things are bad when anything pork goes up. Bacon used to be sold on 1-lb packages, but are now often sold in 12 oz packages — at a price way higher than 1-lb package ever was.

munchy
    NULL

I don’t recall across the board price increases at the rates we are witnessing the previous 4 years…?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t recall going through a pandemic either, I’m sure that has a little to do with things

mrpike1973

I was in Walmart unfortunately last night. Bill Lewis rattle traps $9.05 a piece were $4.07, all Rapalas have went up roughly $2 I’m buying some stuff now because come spring it will all be price adjusted up I’m sure. Noticed many plastics went up a buck a bag more.

munchy
    NULL

I don’t recall going through a pandemic either, I’m sure that has a little to do with things

And I dont recall the silence from your side….

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is “my side” exactly? I’m not into politics

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just let it go, Munchy likes living in the past instead of the present.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got it. Thanks Dutch

munchy
    NULL

Just let it go, Munchy likes living in the past instead of the present.

So pointing out your hypocrisy is living in the past. Remember when your side created the KKK? Now every time a conservative does something you havent been told to like you call them a KKK member? How’s that for the past?

Brittman

Government spending out of control and about to go into hyper drive, stimulus checks, minimum wage increases (demand and government driven). Moritorium on evictions have enabled some (not all) that have low ethical standards to spend that money elsewhere. That plan should have been managed individually and not as a blanket sweep program.

Simple Econ 101 … supply and demand. Raise prices and demand falls … wait demand still strong (if not stronger) … raise prices again.

Those living on the low end will NEVER catch-up. It is their increase in spending power that is helping drive the insatiable demand.

Those that have plenty of cash cannot wait for interest rates to go up.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

My habit of impulse buying all types of outdoors stuff for the last 5 years has finally paid off. Now I spend nothing because I need nothing- I’ve successfully “hoarded” all of my hobbies to a point where I don’t need anything. Feels good man

queenswake
    NULL

My habit of impulse buying all types of outdoors stuff for the last 5 years has finally paid off. Now I spend nothing because I need nothing- I’ve successfully “hoarded” all of my hobbies to a point where I don’t need anything. Feels good man

I am the same way. I used to love going into Fleet Farm to build up my fishing and boating gear. Menards and Home Depot for my tools. But my garage is full with everything I want or need. I have the grills and smokers. At this point I only need to buy things to replace things that don’t work or don’t work well.

I am not the type to be continually buying new TVs and electronics so that’s out the window, too. Kind of a nice position to be in.

Gitchi Gummi

Munchy, we get it. You love Trump and have super cool, mature code phrases for saying how much you dislike our current president. We get it. Give it a rest.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m in the exact same boat.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

The title of this thread and then the advertisement just above it. LOL.

I see the ad and BOOM! it’s advertising the biggest price….LOL.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The title of this thread and then the advertisement just above it. LOL.

I see the ad and BOOM! it’s advertising the biggest price….LOL.

Yes lol thats hilarious 😂

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I know we have rod & tackle makers here, are they seeing any problem getting raw materials?

I stopped making tackle for people because the parts have gone up so much. I waited 9 months for a blank. Many blanks have gone up 5% to 40%. Paid $95 for 50’ of 14/3 copper wire and $25 for a small roll if foil tape. I think I paid $5 for the same roll many years ago. Prices are crazy. But they are what they are. The only thing we can do about it is not buy it.

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>
    lets go Branden. flame

I think the current situation speaks volumes, but you ride that unicorn as long as you want spanky.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

I’ve heard that recoil guides have been backed up since this summer.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I’ve heard that recoil guides have been backed up since this summer.

I have not had a problem getting them and can still order some today.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.