Best VRBO/AirBNB you’ve been to on a Northern MN Lake

• jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Looking to take the family( 6 adults, 8 kids) somewhere this summer. Must be in N 1/3 of MN, have equal parts fishing/beach for swimming/protected dock. Any IDO’ers stay at a place that you thought was amazing?

Thanks

CaptainMusky

Looking to take the family( 6 adults, 8 kids) somewhere this summer. Must be in N 1/3 of MN, have equal parts fishing/beach for swimming/protected dock. Any IDO’ers stay at a place that you thought was amazing?

Thanks

Check out the Lake Vermilion rentals. They actually had a site for rentals before VRBO or AirBNB was even a thing. I havent stayed at any of them, but have checked them out and there are some very nice ones.
    Vermilion is also one of the prettiest lakes in the state with great fishing for just about anything. Its like being in Canada but not having to say eh all the time, but you probably will anyway.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Stayed in 3 different ones all on vermillion and loved all 3 of them. Plus cheaper then a resort.

Loomis13
    NULL

We also stayed on vermillion. While we only had 3 of us, we ran across some that would accommodate that many people.

queenswake
    NULL

I would also say that if you wanted the resort amenities and feel, there are many resorts with large “reunion” cabins big enough to hold your group.

LabDaddy1

Its like being in Canada but not having to say eh all the time

This made me LOL

munchy
    NULL

Not a VRBO or whatever, but Arcadia Resort north of Grand Rapids fits your needs exactly. One of the coolest swimming beaches I’ve ever seen, and a beautiful lake to fish.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We stayed here with a big group, and it was a super cool home. It was great for the winter for snowmobiling in and out, lake has decent fishing and Zorbaz across the lake. Looks like not much for a beach in the summer tho.

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15358283?location=Little%20Sand%20Lake%2C%20MN%2C%20USA&federated_search_id=9b261b98-cb3e-44f5-96f1-b27c64cf019e&source_impression_id=p3_1641316356_PBtPJ87NoQkYK8xM&guests=1&adults=1

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

have equal parts fishing/beach for swimming/protected dock

Something to keep in mind with the dock is water levels. I have to imagine that many northern MN lakes are very low and docks may be an issue even into next season if our drought continues.

I had a VRBO for this past September in Crow Wing county and the owner called me a week in advance to warn me that the dock was in such shallow water that docking a boat there was not an option anymore. And this was after the dock was extended 40 feet already.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.