Best Thing To Buy With $50 Gift Card

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

So I have a few gift cards to Cabelas, Scheels, FF, and I have some wants, but I want to see what you guys and gals come up with. What would you buy with a $50 gift card to an outdoor retailer? Can be an item under $50 or something you’d use the $50 to knock down the price.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Knives. Can never have enough knives.

B-man

When in doubt I always just buy something I’m going to buy anyway.

Stuff like boat/snowmobile/ATV oil, oil/fuel filters, etc, are always an easy way to gobble up a gift card.

Another idea is to use them to trick out something you already have, like your portable, boat, etc. Gear nets, rod holders, lights, cup holders, etc.

Santa brought the boys kayaks for Christmas, and I used my $100 Amazon gift card from my Dad to buy some goodies for them. Ordered them 4 flush mount rod holders, 2 Scotty rocket launchers, 2 kayak anchors and 2 zigzag cleats for their anchors. All that little stuff adds up quick.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Knives. Can never have enough knives.

thats what i say……….but my wife has a different approach!!!!! doah jester

dennis smith

Braid line. 50 bucks helps take the pain out of spending big money on line.

MX1825

TACKLE!! Everyone needs more tackle they won’t use. doah

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Thinking about putting mine toward either a Little Buddy Heater or Heat Hog. My small sunflower isn’t quite enough if it is below 15 degrees with wind.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thinking about putting mine toward either a Little Buddy Heater or Heat Hog. My small sunflower isn’t quite enough if it is below 15 degrees with wind.

My buddy heater took a crap today and it’s the last buddy heater I’ll buy.
    I like to buy ammo, or tackle that I wouldn’t normally buy. But I need a heater so that’s what my gift cards are going to

Nodakk

Bearcat- curious what heater you are going to go with and would like to hear a review when you do.

I’d put the gift card towards hunting or fishing clothing. It’s something I have a hard time putting money towards for some reason but always enjoy quality outdoors clothing

queenswake
    NULL

I hold onto my gift cards to use when something I want is also on sale. It really makes the deal greater when I can reduce or eliminate the price by using the gift card and you’ll enjoy the item that much more.

Besides that, this time of year, I recommend looking at the chopper mittens and trapper hats they have available. Maybe and ice suit or guide wear for open water. If you don’t already have a full camp cook outfit, get some camp cookwear, cast iron, portable camp cook set, cabelas camp kitchen setup. Get some comfortable cots.

I don’t think you’ll enjoy the purchase as much if you get random fishing tackle.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Bearcat- curious what heater you are going to go with and would like to hear a review when you do.

I’d put the gift card towards hunting or fishing clothing. It’s something I have a hard time putting money towards for some reason but always enjoy quality outdoors clothing

I feel the same way about out door gear, love it but it’s a tough purchase.
    Not sure about the heater, but today was the last straw with the big buddy.

MX1825

BC what heater are you looking to purchase if not a Buddy heater?

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

For the guys looking at a new heater check out the Dewalt heaters. They have a built in fan and led light in the handle that work odd of dewalt batteries. Also has a electronic lighter no loud clicking noise like the buddy heaters. This is my 3rd year with mine and no problems. They’re more expensive but Fleet farm runs them on special every so often. Just did a search and Tractor Supply has them on sale for $169.

isu22andy

Crank baits . Pokémon for grown men .

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

BC what heater are you looking to purchase if not a Buddy heater?

I’m not sure on what heater to get yet.

Dan
    Southeast MN

For years, going back to when Cabelas probably had a better reputation than it does now, people knew that a sure-fire go-to for me was Cabelas gift cards. Parents, in-laws, bosses, workplace rewards, etc. Things have evolved a little but for awhile remember when people didn’t want to give gift cards because it “didn’t feel personal enough”? Well I tell these people that I get them from that they’re much appreciated because there is literally never a time where I don’t have something in mind for my next big Cabelas purchase.

I don’t know about how others do gift cards though, I know some like to get rid of them ASAP so they don’t lose them. I can’t disagree with that logic, but I keep mine in a consistent spot and typically accumulate them toward bigger purchases.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Braid line.

That’s probably what I would spend mine on in the spring time when it comes time to re-spool a bunch of reels.

ThunderLund78

I have $100 at Cabela’s. Probably using mine toward a basic Spring Turkey set-up. A couple decoys and some camo, some calls, etc. $100 will only scratch that surface but have been meaning to do it for years and the boys want to get into it as well.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Probably using mine toward a basic Spring Turkey set-up.

You will probably want to invest in a blind (if you don’t already have one) too. Especially with kids involved. It will allow for some minimal movement rather than having to sit like a statue for hours.

ThunderLund78

You will probably want to invest in a blind (if you don’t already have one) too. Especially with kids involved. It will allow for some minimal movement rather than having to sit like a statue for hours.

Yup. got one already – use it for deer hunting with my youngest

AK Guy

Live bait at Fleet Farm.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

New pair of Crocks.

-J.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I spent my $75 FF card on an Otter Pro sled now that I have a hub also. Definitely needed.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

(Idea from the ice tent camping thread.) A battery operated CO detector.

Just put one in the Amazon cart.

-J.

tswoboda

One climbing ice screw jester

big_g
    Isle, MN

$50 WORTH OF JERKY woot

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

(Idea from the ice tent camping thread.) A battery operated CO detector.

Just put one in the Amazon cart.

-J.

Good call!

Gregg Gunter

Went to Scheels today and used my $50 gift card for Blackfish Arid gloves.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.