Best slush scoop for wheel house

• mrpike1973

I have a clam plate can I just put in reverse and push it back down? Using a slush bucket. Really don’t want the slush copter spendy and may not need it they make scoops you put down and one time up it all comes out would this work or just reverse and done thanks

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I do the same reverse it and then use a scoop. I use one of those split ones the northland flipper scooper works surprisingly well

CaptainMusky

I dont know the name of it but the one my buddy has is the best ice scoop I have ever used. It looks like its made of stainless steel and there are two down rods that attach to either side of the strainer part. The handle “swivels” so you can slide the scoop into the hole then turn it straight and it will almost clean out an entire hole in one try.
    Looked it up… This is it https://www.scheels.com/p/deep-freeze-one-shot-ice-skimmer/85272300402.html?store=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwy5maBhDdARIsAMxrkw0RbfVq60LsUQewadbHB7ERkxzfRTAmTJxpgOtrNX-ZNxWtF7y-O9QaArzrEALw_wcB

B-man

The Deep Freeze is legit waytogo I love mine.

Reverse does most of the work, but you’ll still have some slush.

Keep in mind the 8″ model is too tight for the Ion which isn’t a true 8″ hole.

You also want to scoop the holes shortly after drilling them, if they sit for even a half hour in cold weather they shrink just enough to make it tight getting up the hole.

Ripjiggen

Big Dipper works good too with a long handle.

CaptainMusky

That’s what I have, plus it has a ruler right on it that is great for measuring ice and fish. I also have that Northland tackle one where the halves flip up which would work fine in a wheelhouse, but not good in a portable because it freezes up.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Look up Slush Inhaler. It’s a bit bulky but works great.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

That’s what I have, plus it has a ruler right on it that is great for measuring ice and fish. I also have that Northland tackle one where the halves flip up which would work fine in a wheelhouse, but not good in a portable because it freezes up.

I’ve got both the big dipper and the northland tackle model, both work great. FWIW, the northland one stays in my wheelhouse and the dipper stays in my flip-up.

Doug M
    SE SD

I made a long handled skimmer for our wheel house.

Attachments:
    1. 20221013_074149-scaled.jpg

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Look up Slush Inhaler. It’s a bit bulky but works great.

Those things have about doubled in price! I have an 8 inch I want gone for $25 if your anywhere around the Brainerd area. Slush Copters are worth every penny.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.