Best place to get a boat rigged in NW metro

• Walleyeguy34

Looking for a place to do some rigging for new electronics on my lund crossover. I’m going to get a helix 10 si g3n and a helix 7 g3n and want them networked. I’ve been looking at formula and propellor marine in Dayton, but after talking with Todd on the phone I’m not so sure I want to take my boat there- he was very rude and basically tried to talk me out of side imaging when I told him that I want it. Any suggestions for a place in the West/northwest metro? Price isn’t so much an issue, I just want it done right.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’d check with The Boat Center up in Ramsey.

Musky Ed

I would recommend the Boat Center. Have only dealt with their Wi store, but am on my 3rd new boat from them, and my rigging has been very professional. They really care about doing it right. So much so that they upgraded my electronics wiring to 10ga on my last rigging, when I was concerned about any voltage loss to the locators. They also worked extensively with me on getting my locator mounting, vhf radio mounting, and vhf antenna mounting, and many other custom features, to the way I wanted. They really care about making you happy, and making it right. I would have full confidence that their other location in Mn, would operate in the same manner.

Fowldreams55398

I have a buddy that bought a brand new warrior tiller boat from the boat center in Ramsey. He said never again. It was in the shop 6 times through out the summer because of the way it was set up there. That’s the only encounter I’ve heard from them.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I just had my Warrior tiller power steer redone last summer at The Boat Center and I could not be happier with the job they did!! I would trust them for rigging for sure.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You could ask Pro Fishing Supply. They are in that area. They dont advertise it as a service but I know they have done it before. They may prefer you buy the units from them though.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I use Rapid Marine in Rogers and I have not encountered any issues with them other than the fact that it does take a while because they are often so busy.

kidfish

Capra’s in Blaine can rig it for you.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Fish lectronics not exactly NW metro but thats all they do repair and rig. University Ave. Very reasonable.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Thorne Bros!

Keith

I have used both Rapid Marine and Formula Propeller. Todd at Formula does have an edge to him and comes across as grumpy, but does great work and is reliable. He will tell you what he is thinking… more of a small, family owned and operated entity. Rapid Marine is more of a standard operation, much like a large auto dealership. For rigging, I bought Lowrance equipment from Cabelas and had Rapid do the installation with no issues.

Cody Meyers

I have had good experiences at Hannay’s Marine.

fishingadam54

Rapid Marine does good work but get your boat in early.

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

I may also be interested in some rigging soon. What is the approximate cost of rigging bow mount, on board charger, and 3 Lowrence graphs on an 18 foot tiller?

Thanks, Matt

Deleted

Do it yourself and be assured it’s done correctly. My brother paid thru the keister to have his boat rigged at Dan’s south side marine & they rolled him like a greased pig!!! I did my own and everything is ….as it should be. Don’t skimp on your rig. Those dildos don’t have your best interest in mind!

Tony Hanson

I would check to see if “Grampa Joe”, Joe Carlson is still rigging. Would be a bit of a drive from you, but IMO, he’s the best in the biz.

bpholl
    North Metro, MN

I’ve had a really good experience with John at Thorne Bros.

bpholl
    North Metro, MN

probably around $400 would be my guess… usually around $75/hour

I may also be interested in some rigging soon. What is the approximate cost of rigging bow mount, on board charger, and 3 Lowrence graphs on an 18 foot tiller?

Thanks, Matt

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Actions Electronics in Anoka is fantastic. Jack is great.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

There are several mentioned here that are good reputable folks. My advice is not to wait last minute and make sure you clearly communicate and assure yourself that you are on the same page.

One mentioned earlier by Tony, Joe at Grandpa Joes is no longer in business, as he is now the Skeeter rep.

tim hurley

+1 on Hannays, they did a great job on my G2.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Do it yourself and be assured it’s done correctly. My brother paid thru the keister to have his boat rigged at Dan’s south side marine & they rolled him like a greased pig!!! I did my own and everything is ….as it should be. Don’t skimp on your rig. Those dildos don’t have your best interest in mind!

This! I had no idea how to do it myself but through youtube videos and a little help from buddies that have done it themselves, I have done the last two sonar upgrades myself and one trolling motor and haven’t had any problems.

Wish I could’ve gotten $75 an hour for the work I did though…. lol

Mike Johnson

I have had great experiences getting my boats rigged at The Boat Center in Ramsey. I drive over 100 miles to get all my service work completed there. They do an excellent job answering any questions you might have and will set up the boat how you like to fish.

tim hurley

I would ask what gauge wire they use-tell them you are willing to pay a little extra for better wire.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.