Best Pellet Grill around $1,000

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

My vote is the Yoder, YS640S

MX1825

Heading over to the ace hardware in Emily to pick up the Traeger timberline 850 tomorrow

EPG doesn’t Ace deliver?

Matthew Sandys

RT-590 WOOD PELLET GRILL
    Can you smoke with this grill? Like the design of it.

Coletrain27

RT-590 WOOD PELLET GRILL

Definetly. you can smoke with pretty much any pellet grill. The lower the temp setting the more smoke they produce usually

Matthew Sandys

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matthew Sandys wrote:</div>
    RT-590 WOOD PELLET GRILL

Definetly. you can smoke with pretty much any pellet grill. The lower the temp setting the more smoke they produce usually

Thanks for the information.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

Just reviving this old thread. How do these other pellet grills standup to rusting out. I have a Traeger that we have had approximately 5 years. It is completely rusted out with holes through it and now the brackets that hold the drip tray is falling off. Frankly I am very disappointed with the longevity. We probably use it 3 to 4 times a week throughout the year. Also very disappointed in the winter cook. So my question is what can be done to prevent this? Its sits outside under the covered porch with a cover on. So I am in the market for a new.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

CaptainMusky

Apparently Stainless steel isnt what it used to be, but yeah these things dont seem to last as long as they should. I have a Kenmore gas grill that we have literally not used in 3 years that is uncovered on our deck and its not rusting. I am on the second year of my recteq bullseye and so far so good. I use it a fair amount and do keep it covered, but some folks say uncovered is better which I am skeptical about.

Justin Donson

Just reviving this old thread. How do these other pellet grills standup to rusting out. I have a Traeger that we have had approximately 5 years. It is completely rusted out with holes through it and now the brackets that hold the drip tray is falling off. Frankly I am very disappointed with the longevity. We probably use it 3 to 4 times a week throughout the year. Also very disappointed in the winter cook. So my question is what can be done to prevent this? Its sits outside under the covered porch with a cover on. So I am in the market for a new.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

Can’t speak to Traeger, but I’ve had my Recteq RT-680 for like… 8 years? The only part that had rust was the powder coated side shelf. I got a stainless steel replacement for free and it looks new.

The cooking chamber looks like it will last another 20 years or so, I don’t see any rust starting on the corners or the lid or anything.

My cover is pretty worn out as well, and lets some moisture/water in, I should get a new one.

Mine sits outside in the element 365 days a year as well, it’s dirty, but sturdy.

No weak points on the hardware either, really heavy duty stainless, looks like they sized everything up 2 sizes from what was actually needed, just to be sure. Drip tray, firebox, grates, shelf, hardware, everything is heavy gauge stainless and I don’t see it wearing out anytime soon.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Apparently Stainless steel isnt what it used to be, but yeah these things dont seem to last as long as they should. I have a Kenmore gas grill that we have literally not used in 3 years that is uncovered on our deck and its not rusting. I am on the second year of my recteq bullseye and so far so good. I use it a fair amount and do keep it covered, but some folks say uncovered is better which I am skeptical about.

i agree to an extent. i welded and worked with stainless for 28 years building food Pharmeceutical etc vessels………. that is real stainless. the crap you buy in appliances is junk!!!!!!!

you can generally tell by just how heavy of light it is!!!!! if you bought a stainless grill and dont need help moving it, its not the good stuff.

10klakes

1 year in with Recteq. No issues, I’d be pissed if there was. I cover it but their cover got pretty beat up after last winter and regularly pulling it off when frozen. Used it probably once a week all winter, takes longer to heat up and uses more pellets, besides that it help temp perfectly even on Zero degree days. It’s all about the computer controller.

CaptainMusky

10klakes, yeah, my cover for my bullzeye is starting to show wear, but it doesnt leak yet. They are kind of a bear to get on and off too! You are right about cooking in the winter. Last year I cooked at -20 several times and no issues at all.

Snake ii’s

Going on 9 years with my Pitboss 850. Use it an average of 2x’s per week. Stored outside on a covered deck w/o additional protection. No rust issues.

Dan Baker

We love our Camp Chef Woodwind 24″ We have the sear box which is a great little grill and gets super hot for searing steaks.

CaptainMusky

We love our Camp Chef Woodwind 24″ We have the sear box which is a great little grill and gets super hot for searing steaks.

I researched heavily and was going to buy one, but ultimately ended up getting a kamado. The camp chef units are very good. I now have a recteq bullseye and I dont use the kamado anymore.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.