Best Party Snacks – What are some of your Favorites

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m having a few friends over to watch the super bowl this Sunday. Looking for a few snack ideas. Feel free to post some of your favorite recipes. Looking foreword to a few spam ones for the Cat Man jester

Sharon
    SE Metro

Pigs in a blanket are always yummy. You can even do little wienies and use half of the crescent roll to make bite-sized pigs in a blanket. The Ranch Chex Mix snack is good for munching (see my recipe here) and maybe some BBQ meatballs too. Other ideas: pickle wraps, tater tots, chicken wings, chips and guacamole, and you gotta have something sweet like those pretzels with the Rolo candies stuck in the middle. Can you tell I like to snack?? mrgreen

Aaron Kalberer

Pretzels drizzled in oil then add a ranch seasoning packet slap in oven to dry em back out, dang tasty.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Velveeta cheese hamburger, hot rotel and chips. Add a few jalepenos, good chip dip

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Meatballs! Tons of varieties, buffalo chicken, Cajun beef, teriyaki….mmmm

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Little smokies wrapped in bacon and top em with a little brown sugar , also like some small spicey meatballs along with some hamburger cheese dip for all the chips add a few dozen Jell-O shots toast

CaptainMusky

Buffalo Chicken cheese dip, bacon wrapped smokies, bourbon bbq wings, meat and cheese tray, spinach artichoke dip with French bread.

These are all things I have done in the past. Not sure what I will do this year.

CaptainMusky

Pretzels drizzled in oil then add a ranch seasoning packet slap in oven to dry em back out, dang tasty.

Are you talking about hard pretzels or soft pretzels? This sounds good with a soft pretzel. Then maybe some grated parmesan as they come out of the oven.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Buffalo Chicken cheese dip, bacon wrapped smokies, bourbon bbq wings, meat and cheese tray, spinach artichoke dip with French bread.

These are all things I have done in the past. Not sure what I will do this year.

Captain you beat me to it!!! I love buffalo chicken dip. So good. Bacon horseradish dip is pretty incredible also!

Aaron Kalberer

Hard pretzels but I like the soft pretzel idea would be killer.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Cold Beer is my favorite snack LOL

Karry Kyllo

Walleye wings are one of the snacks on my list….and some Coors Light.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Pigs in a blanket are always yummy. You can even do little wienies and use half of the crescent roll to make bite-sized pigs in a blanket.

If you like little dogs (avoided using “wienies”), use a mini muffin pan and fill each with a small dog or smoky link. Mix up a batch of corn bread batter and fill the tin. Makes great mini corn dogs with mustard dipping sauce.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

ABT’s, chicken wings, pot of chili, pulled pork sliders, bacon wrapped meatballs. Sam’s Club has some deep fried mac & cheese bites that are pretty good and just have to throw in the oven.

B-man

A few fish ideas:

Smoked salmon/trout cheese ball

Pickled Pike

And of course you can’t go wrong with a fillet of smoked fish and crackers waytogo (even if you don’t fish for salmon/trout and have to cheat and buy it)

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Take a lime cut it into 12 equal pieces and shove them down 12 Corona bottles. That’s my favorite snack.
    And microwave popcorn especially if there’s a thread on IDO about Mille Lacs

Sharon
    SE Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sharon M wrote:</div>
    Pigs in a blanket are always yummy. You can even do little wienies and use half of the crescent roll to make bite-sized pigs in a blanket.

If you like little dogs (avoided using “wienies”), use a mini muffin pan and fill each with a small dog or smoky link. Mix up a batch of corn bread batter and fill the tin. Makes great mini corn dogs with mustard dipping sauce.

Oooh I’m going to have to try that out! )

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I saw mussels in the shell on sale so I’ll be making Jambalaya using a couple pounds of those, shrimp and spicy rope sausage along with the usual ingredients.

I may do some wings too for snacking on in between bowls. I make a great bourbon sauce for the wings, no dipping needed.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Marinate chunks of yellowfin tuna about the size of your thumb in 2 parts soy sauce and 1 part lemon juice with a bunch of garlic. Then add a 1/4 of a pineapple slice and wrap with bacon and grill.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Marinate chunks of yellowfin tuna about the size of your thumb in 2 parts soy sauce and 1 part lemon juice with a bunch of garlic. Then add a 1/4 of a pineapple slice and wrap with bacon and grill.

Those sound yummy. I think I’ll add those to the list

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I saw mussels in the shell on sale so I’ll be making Jambalaya using a couple pounds of those, shrimp and spicy rope sausage along with the usual ingredients.

I may do some wings too for snacking on in between bowls. I make a great bourbon sauce for the wings, no dipping needed.

Is there a difference between jambalaya and paella other than the rice. I made seafood paella once it was really yummy. Rather expensive to make but well worth it. It had saffron in in it and that by itself is rather expensive if I Remember.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

One thing on my list for sure is Shrimp and scallop Ceviche. I’ve got to have some seafood. If you have never had Ceviche you need to look up a recipe and try it. Ceviche is fish or seafood that is Marinated/cured/cooked cold using citrus Juice ( Mostly lemon and limes ) Mixed with a few vegetables and served on crackers or crunchy baguettes.
    I was first introduced to Ceviche while on a trip to the Bahamas. There was a little old Bahamien man who would setup his little push cart just outside the villa’s we were staying in. He would mix up a fresh batch of Conch Ceviche made to order right there in front of you. I fell in love with it and would stop and get some fresh each morning. It was great when served with the local drink of choice called Goombay Smash. A yummy but DANGEROUS drink. No one knows the exact recipe other than the family that owns the Blue Bee Bar on Green Turtle cay island in the Bahamas. The recipe that I’ve found that taste the closest is as follows:
    1 Part each of the following: Light or Dark rum, Spiced Rum, Coconut Rum, apricot or Peach Brandy Mixed with 4 parts of pineapple juice and 4 parts Orange. Yes that right the total mix is 4 parts alcohol mixed with 8 parts juice. Be really careful when drinking them. They don’t taste strong at all – You have been warned.

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

ingredients.

I will have some bourbon sauce too but mine will be for sippin and not dippin toast

Jeff Telander

We use Jimmy dean hot sausage instead of hamburger. Best dip EVER!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think I’ve decided on the food choices. Here they are:

Bacon Wrapped stuffed jalapeno Peppers
    Artichoke Dip
    Shrimp Ceviche
    Cheesesteak potato skins
    Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
    Marinate chunks of yellow fin tuna

That should be enough to keep the guest full for the game.

CaptainMusky

You wouldn’t mind sharing your jambalaya recipe would you? My wife has family in Houston and one is from New Orleans and had the most amazing Jambalaya when we were last down there. She doesn’t use a recipe, so I am trying to find something on the internet, but some of the ingredients are tough to come by around here.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.