Best new Rain Gear around??

• sktrwx2200

Starting to shop around for new rain gear. 8 years ago, I bought a high end Columbia suit that was the latest and greatest. Served me really well. Starting to wear out its ability to keep me “bone dry” for all day in certain conditions.

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the new stuff.. IE..Simms, HUK, Stormr, ect…..

Thanks,

Brad Hak

I have a Thunder Rage rain suit, two years strong now and love it. Made by Onyx.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I won’t comment on the “best” but I’ve been wearing these for over a year and they are dry!!

I’m not one to shy away from a downpour! I wear HH rubber bibs with this coat.

Weather-Boss Hooded Jacket

404 ERROR
    MN

The newer Frabill F2 suits are awesome. I actually just got a new set in the mail today to replace my FXE’s. VERY good price on them from Field Supply also…$83 total for coat and bibs.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I would listen to whatever fishblood says. anyone that spends 200+ nights a year fishing and sleeping on a boat knows a thing or two about raingear

sktrwx2200

Nothing against what you are doing FBRM.. but cant be pulling on a rubber suit in the summer. Although Im sure there is nothing better out there at keeping you dry, but I need something light and breathable for what I do.

$1k for the Simms Pro suit seems a little excessive…

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

Been using Simms for over 15 years. They just came out with a bib/jacket set that is much more affordable and I don’t see much difference in it than my last set that cost 2x the price. I’m happy with some insulated gear I have from Stormr- bomb proof but you couldn’t wear it in the summer.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’m quite warm blooded and sweat putting on flip flops if you know what I mean.

With that said, I still put on the rubber bibs… Even though I bought the good frog toggs for hot days years ago, they’re not dry.

In all honestly though, it’s Bimini before rain gear on hot days.

Good luck with your search! Lots of options.

Tony Nigon

The best, hands down, is Arcteryx. Yes, they are expensive as poop. But its the only product that I trust during a poop storm of a rain storm.

You can either buy 5 $100 jackets, or 1 $500 jacket

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.