Best Chip for Lowrance HDS Units

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Is Navionics the best chip for the Lowrance HDS Units ?
    I have a older Premium North Chip… not bad..
    I have a Lakemaster chip.. it has good contours but when it comes to LOTW NW Angle it leaves out names of islands and details like that…

So whats out there ?

thanks in advance !!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Have you looked at the Lowrance Lake Insight chips? Not sure what it looks like for LOTW, but for the lakes I fish, the insight offered the best coverage. Navionics would be my second choice, but not sure the insight chips have LOTW in high def.

That being said, I still run an old Lakemaster chip too for Lake Michigan because the insight doesn’t have as good of countours. I just run both of them at the same time.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Lowrance Insight Pro is the bomb on Lake of the Woods. Haven’t been to the NW angle, but on the Canadian end in Sabaskong and Whitefish, it’s great.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thanks guys !!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Hey Dave, I have the insight pro from last year and might be willing to part with it. I’m thinking of upgrading to the lake insight HD. Let me know if you’re interested.

Btw, I have both the navionics and insights chip and I much prefer insights because its much more accurate than the nav. The nav is easier to read though because of the added depth shading.

Grawler

I have navionics platinum, premium north,the new plus and insight pro. The insight pro is the best.

KJK
    Cottage Grove

Will the insight pro work on a HDS Gen I unit.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Biggill,

I went to Cabelas and they had several chips I could look at and that Insight Pro looks nice…

Let’s talk !!

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

The Insight Pro will work on Gen 1.

pass0047
    Pool4

just bought and used insight hd for rainy river trip. Contour depths were hard to read due to size being to small on hd7. Also Canadian border was in such a light yellow I could not see most of the time. called lowrance and they said I could not change font size or color of border line.

if I can not figure out will likely return. prior chip was a lake master chip from 7 years ago but read much better. will try navionics unless I can figure out how to make this chip work better. any suggestions from people would be great.

Henpecked

From my experience with the Navionics Hotmaps premium micro card, I would recommend keeping the receipt and make sure you can return it. In my case I found it highly inaccurate and almost hazardous. Only used it around Duluth so cannot speak for the rest of the state or Rainy River. Also running an Elite 5 combo unit so this might be part of the problem. Need to test it further.

Ny
    N Metro

I just installed HDS 7 Gen 2 and a Elite 5 DSI in my boat. I have the lake insight pro v14 chip and when out on mille lacs, it leaves out the names of the structure. What is the best chip for these units?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I just installed HDS 7 Gen 2 and a Elite 5 DSI in my boat. I have the lake insight pro v14 chip and when out on mille lacs, it leaves out the names of the structure. What is the best chip for these units?

I still vote insights. Names of structure don’t matter much to me. I rarely select spots based on second hand reports.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I run both Navionics and Insight HD v14. 85% of the time I use the Insight chip. They don’t name a lot of structure but even my last versions of Lakemaster didn’t have all the names like the older chips.

Ny
    N Metro

The insight v14 works better in the Elite 5 that I removed from my boat when I installed the new ones. Would an HD chip work better?

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I run both Navionics and Lake Insight HD V15 in my HDS Gen 3. Honestly they both are good and in my opinion you can go wrong either way.

They both have things I like so that’s why I run both. I just started using the SonarCharts Live and really beginning to like this more than the Insight Genesis logging.

Honey Badgers

Hey Dave, I have the insight pro from last year and might be willing to part with it. I’m thinking of upgrading to the lake insight HD. Let me know if you’re interested.

Btw, I have both the navionics and insights chip and I much prefer insights because its much more accurate than the nav. The nav is easier to read though because of the added depth shading.

Biggill…if you still have that lake insight chip and are willing to sell it, I would be interested…Let me know! Thanks

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

if you still have that lake insight chip and are willing to sell it, I would be interested…Let me know! Thanks

Sorry. Both are gone. That was more than a year ago.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I have a Lake Insigh HD East V15 chip I am looking to sell. $80

Honey Badgers

Matt Kohner wrote:
    if you still have that lake insight chip and are willing to sell it, I would be interested…Let me know! Thanks

Sorry. Both are gone. That was more than a year ago.

Oh I missed that part of it haha my bad! toast

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.