Best carb cleaner for Generator?

• usmarine0352

My friend recently used his Honda generator and he said it was running rough. He believes he put new non-oxy 91 octane gas in it with old gas from last year in it. The old gas didn’t have any Stabil in it but it was non-oxy.

I said, when was the last time you cleaned the carb and he said like 2 years ago. He said he paid a guy $250 to clean it (yikes).

So I said he should run Seafoam or carb cleaner through it.

What is the best carb cleaner for this generator?

And to clean it should he double the suggested amount?

Coletrain27

Dump all that old crap out and try non oxy in it and see how it runs.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If were talking last years gas and it was non oxy it should be ok. I use stabill in mine, no seafoam.
    I would refer to what Honda says, check the manual.

usmarine0352

If were talking last years gas and it was non oxy it should be ok. I use stabill in mine, no seafoam.
    I would refer to what Honda says, check the manual.

Thanks!

I think he bought the generator new in 2017 so he doesn’t have the manual.

JEREMY
    BP

Almost every year since about year 3 my honda runs rough at first. A little sea foam and run on whatever choke setting you need to keep it going for an hour or so usually takes care of it. Sea foam is not flammable on its own so more is not better.

Steve Johnson

Go heavy on Seafood, and if you are lucky, it will clean up in a tank or so.

Steve Johnson

Go heavy on Seafoam, and if you are lucky, it will clean up in a tank or so.

Adam Steffes

First check the oil to make sure its not full of chocolate milk from getting snow blown in the intake and cold air causing intake icing. The honda does a nice job of making oil in snowy weather. If its milky, change it out, change the spark plug, run it a few minutes and change the oil again. Repeat until you have good clean oil.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Star-Tron or Seafoam

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

Take fuel line off get some omc engine tuner or mercury quick silver power tuner and and spray it into fuel line and fill the carb and let it sit for a half a day and repeat then start engine while spraying in fule line and let sit and drain old gas

Both products doe wonder for cleaning carburetor

stevenoak

I use Stabil fast-fix in my small engines that set too much like my generator. Small green bottle. Have only found it in Menards small engine dept. But readily available on the internet. With no alcohol premium. It gradually keeps the fuel system clean when I run it all the time. Always feared the aggressive cleaners would dislodge larger partials that would plug the jets. Have found my generator starts better after using it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.