Berkley Rebates

• candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

I usually order 15 to 20 bags of either Powerbait or Gulp to go to Canada. I get gift cards for Cabelas as a Xmas present each year to use towards these items and more. I wait until they are on sale at Cabelas and order them. Berkley has rebates on these items, but when I went to print them out it said they were not valid if you purchased them from the following stores. Cabelas. BassPro, Gander Mountain, Scheels, Dicks, and Fleet Farm. Whats up with that? I emailed Berkley but have not heard from them.

kabefisherman11

Thats weird. I wonder if they make you order directly from them so they can give you the price with the rebate and still make the same markup as they would wholesale to a big box store. How do u like the gulp? I’ve tried the leeches with decent results locally since there isn’t a real bait store on the way to my lake now that gander in forest lake no longer carries minnows. I was considering buying some of the gulp minnows.

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

We use primarily the 3 inch minnow type gulp and last year started to use Powebait 3 inch ripple shad. I like the ripple shad better than the gulp, because it seems firmer, doesn’t smell like Gulp, doesn’t stain the boat carpet, doesn’t dry out like Gulp, and lasts longer. We haven’t used live bait in Canada for over 10 years now.

kabefisherman11

That’s for the advice I’ll pick some of them up for my trip up to kabetogama. I’ve only used the gulp stuff when the fish are really active and don’t seem to mind but I don’t think I’m ready to totally get away from live bait yet.

munchy
    NULL

Is the sale price the same or close to what the rebate on full price would be? Sounds like they may be running a sale in their main distributors, and using the rebate for their second tier distributors.

rmartin
    United States

Do not see Walmart on the list.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I did a rebate last year and did just what they count on, never sent the rebate in and it expired.

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

Cabelas sale price is 3.74. The regular retail is 4.99. So if you take the 2.50 rebate off regular retail it would cost 2.49. A difference of 1.25 per pack. I ordered 20 packs and that would amount to 25.00. No Walmart was not included in the list of stores. That is why I am wondering why they singled out some stores and not others?

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

I just heard from Berkley and the rebate is only good if you buy directly from them. They have the powerbait on sale from 3.49 to 4.99 per bag. So I guess I am sol. Walmart is included with the rest of the stores. My order arrives today from Cabelas. I ordered it Monday night. Good service,

igotone

I talked to Berkley on the phone Tuesday and was told the stores listed run there own rebates / sales.
    Cabala’s sale starts today so check there web page for current price.
    Berkley rebate work for Walmart, Amazon and anything not listed on rebate form I was told.
    and yes depending on what you can get them at they can run less than half price.
    Walmart, Amazon do have some that are discounted.
    Got four bags on Amazon for 16.32, minus rebate $6.32, for four bags.

candofish, what colors do like in the Ripple Shad?

sweatt

I registered for the forum just to reply to this thread… I’m a powerbait loyalist going on 25 years, nothing in fresh or salt in my area I haven’t caught with a texas-rigged worm, but Berkley has just wasted my time and money.

Purchased products at a participating store for msrp, got a rebate form up front, but decided to use their “online” system instead. Turns out it’s just a way to get you to provide an email, imposes the cost of printing the forms on you, and you still have to mail in the receipt… So I print out the form, with the photocopy of the receipt on the back, and send it in with the original receipt.

So six weeks later I get a postcard stating that the receipt was not included. I feel like I’ve been had. Call customer service, and “Jenny” says they scanned the whole package and the receipt was not there. Ok I can print the whole shebang out again and send it in, but where am I? Already a stamp, an envelope, a piece of paper, a stop at the post office, more than fifteen minutes of my life. Five minutes on hold to talk to Jenny. And I’m supposed to do this again to get my ten bucks? If my career consisted of picking cans off the side of the road, maybe I’d pursue it further, but instead I’ll just use that time to launch a bit of a wake-up / smear campaign over this nickel-and-dime ripoff.

Like they say, if you lend someone ten bucks, and never see them again, it’s probably worth it. Your welcome Berkley, don’t worry about it! Best of luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.