Beef jerky – What Brands – Recipe

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just finished up 6 pounds of beef jerky made with ground beef. I’ve always used the high mountain brand with Cracked Perrier and garlic being my favorite, because it was available lots of places. Not so anymore it seems. I’m curious What other brands others here tied and liked? I have a ton of extra cure left over. If anyone has a made from scratch recipe they care to share that would be great. I have a fair amount of extra ground beef and would like to make up a few more batches while I have the dehydrator down.

Bullheadfinder

LEM and AC Legg put out great product for jerky, snack sticks and sausage.

This one off All Recipes is a good base point. Can add anything from here to go whatever direction you would like.

Deuces

I might have to start making my own here. Jerky is an expensive luxury item I tend to splurge on for fishing excursions.

Ground beef jerky seems pretty good and good value. Anyone care to share the easiest method of making this stuff with an oven?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I might have to start making my own here. Jerky is an expensive luxury item I tend to splurge on for fishing excursions.

Ground beef jerky seems pretty good and good value. Anyone care to share the easiest method of making this stuff with an oven?

Prior to getting a dehydrator I use to do ground beef jerky in the oven. It works fine. You just need to be sure you have some trays that work well. They would need to really narrow spacing or a mesh. If a convection oven even better

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’m particularly fond of the LEM hickory.

Made the burger jerky once on the dehydrator, but a gotta lay off pushing it on the grates with the jerky gun blush

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This is the stuff I brought with to Leech if you remember what it tasted like before it was waterlog.

Ingredients
    o 2 lb of ground venison (Substitute any ground red meat, such as beef or buffalo for the venison)
    o ¼ cup Worcestershire or Teriyaki sauce
    o 1 tsp paprika
    o 2 tsp Garlic Pepper
    o 1 tsp Onion power
    o 1 tsp tenderizer
    o 1/2 teaspoon L.E.M. Cure
    o 2 Tb A1 Bold and Spicy OR Sweet Baby Rays wing sauce
    o 2 Tb brown sugar
    o 1 tsp Ground Mustard

Directions:
    1. Using your hands, mix all ingredients into the ground meat evenly and thoroughly. Place in refrigerator overnight.
    2. Next morning, using a jerky gun or rolling the meat into strips no more than 3/16′ thick and lay onto smoker trays.
    3. Place in dehydrator for 12 to 16 hours. Rotating racks every 4 hours.

JEREMY
    BP

PS Seasonings has good jerky kits and reasonably priced. 3 kits per pack make 5lbs each. Think they just went up to 8.99. To make 15lbs not so bad. Hickory is my favorite. Got a big chunk stuffed in my facehole right now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.